Help please, all picture files taken today disappeared from K20D

gartmore
Posted 12/02/2009 - 16:49 Link
aminstar wrote:
iceblinker wrote:
To clean lens front & rear glass:

1. Blow with blower.
2. Brush lightly*.
3. Examine with a bright white LED torch or light.
4. Clean with Lens Pen**.
5. Blow/brush off carbon dust left by the Lens Pen.

Lens Pen does a cleaner job than a microfibre cloth, in my experience. Do not use lens cleaning fluid unless you really have to, and then only with a good clean microfibre cloth.

* With a brush designed for lenses, such as the one on the end of a Lens Pen.

** I will post a link shortly.

Thanks Pete

I will await your link, when you can post it,

This is what most Motion picture and TV cameramen use, and we're talking serious money for lenses. link
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
terje-l
Posted 13/02/2009 - 08:48 Link
My memory card seldom leaves the camera, using the USB cable for uploading to my computer(s). I have set Photoshop Organizer to not delete images when finished. When images have been backed up to a second harddisk, I delete images from the card, using the built-in erase function in the camera. Formatting is done once in a while, using the in-camera function.

I believe file format is slightly different in cameras and computers, therefore I would not add/delete files or folders using the computer.

For temporary transport of images I use a USB memory stick, but never rely on the memory stick alone for storage.

So far I have never lost a single image, touch wood .
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.