Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Harris and Lewis Pt 2

Posted 27/05/2020 - 08:04 Link
Thanks Gareth... yes, would be right up your street I reckon... quite a place...

Best
Sry
Posted 04/06/2020 - 17:45 Link
Hello Bill, I'm catching up on viewing and commenting, haven't taken the time to do so these past few weeks... Beautiful set, once again. Some are on the 'classic' side (i.e. they'd certainly fare well in landscape photo contests) and are quite grand, but I'm more attracted (as usual) to the slightly (or not-so-slightly) off-kilter views. #3 has a peaceful monster lying beyond the foreground water movement, underneath which a monster friend, or foe, could be moving out after a close encounter. #6 might be the tracks of said monster, having beached for a rest and dry-out. The tongue of water in #7 gives life to the sea, with an interesting interaction between it and the land - same is true of #9, two takes on the same theme. The patterns in #13 must be from a different species of monster, strange movements indeed. And 15 is brilliant - you've made (or is it Nature - or a collaboration I guess) it look like a flow of ice coming in for the kill. I do like to tell myself a story or two on these types of images, so thanks for the inspiration. Ah, and the ICMs are, as usual, original, ghostly, intriguing, softly mysterious... Lovely!
LongTimeLurker
Posted 11/06/2020 - 23:16 Link
Ah, just beautiful.

Listening to Erland Cooper, Solan Goose, whilst I opened your thread Bill, which compliments your work to a tee.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Posted 14/06/2020 - 10:16 Link
Thanks both...

Nigel, hadn’t come across Erland Cooper before... have been investigating... right up my street... v grateful for the tip off...

Serge, yes, had a real mixture of conditions on this trip... proper topsy turvy Hebridean winter... very very windy, plenty of low cloud, and then some properly magic light, which leaves you audibly swearing at the wonder of it all... an elemental slap round the face... still feels like unfinished business... I’ll be going back...

Best
LongTimeLurker
Posted 14/06/2020 - 20:30 Link
Erland Cooper has a number of shows lined up in September. Alas given the current situation this is a little too soon for us. I will keep a watch on his live schedule for next year, but that is a subject for another thread

When I'm out and about I take in the sounds and smells of the environment, whether that be an urban landscape or in the middle of nowhere. This is as important to me as what I see. The aural description of the wildlife depicted in Solan Goose drew me to imagine being on Harris as you experienced it, albeit that is easy for me to say ensconced in a warm, dry home, well away from gale force winds !
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.