Harris and Lewis Pt 1

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 05/05/2020 - 21:30
Meant to post earlier before Bill turned up for his usual closing comments!

Really great set as ever Bill...you always deliver a few gems every time.

Personal favourites in order:

No.1...wow, fab abstract...dark, oily, sinuous...like flowing treacle or liqourice. Would look great on a wall.

No.7...one of my favourite type of landscape shots...lovely light behind those menacing clouds.

No.13...Another great abstract, could almost be a view from the Space station of a river delta or suchlike.

No.9...Very moody with the promise of a new day. Also like the 'isolation' aspect.

That was Lewis...here's hoping Harris is just as good.

regards

Karlo

Nigelk

Link Posted 05/05/2020 - 22:06
Oh my, I haven't been to Harris and Lewis since I was a child, I want to go back for a while.
A beautiful set Bill. No 1 I think is fabulous. Of the Mangersta Sea Stacks it's No 6 that wins out in a tightly run contest. just a lovely set.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 07/05/2020 - 07:17
Thanks Karlo and Nigel for thoughts re these... yes, cheers for thoughts re 1... there is def a kind of viscous thing going on...

Nigel, def worth a trip back as and when you can... lovely mixture of a lot of very good things...

Karlo, thanks for thoughts... sorry to be a bit hasty with my roundup! 7 was one of those ones where you have to choose... beautiful light looking both ways... re 13, yes, reminded me of the Icelandic aerial deltas in miniature... nature’s repeating patterns... and 9 was a very nice surprise... started to emerge out of some quite flat morning light...

Cheers both...
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidwozhere

Link Posted 08/05/2020 - 00:56
Thank you for sharing these Bill. They have a fantastic sense of vitality about them. and I really like the storm coming in.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 09/05/2020 - 22:52
Thanks David... will post the Harris ones in a bit...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.