Happy World Pentax Day

mikew

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 19:25
As a matter of interest Fr. Ted what was the problem?
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

jackitec

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 19:36
Looks like a new shock absorber/suspension unit to me mike

Jack.

mikew

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 20:04
TRue, I just wondered if it was CV or somesuch. I needed to change the front diff on the Disco but couldn't face stripping back to the CVs to ease the drive shafts out.

Father Ted

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 21:26
mikew wrote:
As a matter of interest Fr. Ted what was the problem?

Jack got it bang on right
jackitec wrote:
Looks like a new shock absorber/suspension unit to me mike

Jack.

Replace both front shocks / struts. Had fun removing and refitting the springs..nearly shot the cat
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

jackitec

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 22:17
Yes Ted, done it been there that's how I knew

Jack. anyway good photo.

Anvh

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 22:24
Father Ted wrote:
Well, all bar one, but then, I did only throw it in as a joke as it was what I had spent all day working on

Yours is still better then my disaster though

Is the car back on his feet again, or still things you need to do?
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

mikew

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 22:32
I was always terrified of spring compressors on the range rover springs. The tension in those springs was enormous, they were +2" heavy duty springs and they took some compressing to get on and off. If they let go never mind the cat I'd worry about the wall.

Mike

jackitec

Link Posted 12/10/2009 - 23:41
I think we have lost the plot here, it was supposed to be about World Pentax Day, photos taken yes photos taken on World Pentax Day, you can still upload your photos taken on the Day.

Jack.

Dr. Mhuni

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 19:39
Went for a late afternoon stroll in Colombo suburbs on Saturday and came across this:

K20D + DA17-70
Mhuni

500px

mikew

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 21:51
Losing the plot is always fun but Dr Mhuni has us back on track with a good shot. I'd have cropped the trees at the top off but that's my very black and white approach to things. Here I'm taking a picture of a wall so those trees can shove off!

Mike

Dr. Mhuni

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 15:08
mikew wrote:
Losing the plot is always fun but Dr Mhuni has us back on track with a good shot. I'd have cropped the trees at the top off but that's my very black and white approach to things. Here I'm taking a picture of a wall so those trees can shove off!

Mike

I tried this but decided it lost something by cropping the trees off. I like the juxtaposition of different vegetation, and the light on the greenery (as elsewhere) is really nice. Still, not sure I'm entirely happy with the shot - though it was shot on Pentax day which is why it's here.
Mhuni

500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.