Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Haircut day

pschlute
Posted 12/07/2020 - 16:19 Link
For the boys that is. Here is Ripley showing off his new cut. K1 + DFA* 85mm at f2.8

Comment Image
IMGP2890 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
LennyBloke
Posted 12/07/2020 - 17:45 - Helpful Comment Link
Smashing shot Peter - I'd say you picked the perfect aperture to get Ripleys eyes in perfect focus

But why is Ripley looking so sad - my wife will be beaming when she gets hers done at the end of the month
LennyBloke
Lubbyman
Posted 12/07/2020 - 18:37 - Helpful Comment Link
Soulful eyes? Doleful expression? Hopeful there's a biscuit on the way? Ripley is no doubt a very happy dog, having had a haircut. And he certainly knows how to pose.
LennyBloke wrote:
But why is Ripley looking so sad - my wife will be beaming when she gets hers done at the end of the month

Will she still be beaming after you've sat her down, pointed a big lens at her and told her you're taking her picture to put on Pentaxuser.com???

Steve
pschlute
Posted 12/07/2020 - 22:29 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Smashing shot Peter - I'd say you picked the perfect aperture to get Ripleys eyes in perfect focus

Choosing the right aperture for a head on dog portrait can be troublesome. Going for a wide aperture will really isolate the eyes but leave the nose out of focus as it is here at f2.8. I usually use 5.6 or f8.

He is a really happy dog but always adopts the sad expression when I take a formal portrait. I think they teach them that at puppy school. It's a ploy to get more biscuits.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.