Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

godox flash

old lens
Posted 24/01/2023 - 14:32 Link
hi,

got an odd problem with my k5 camera when using a flash gun. I purchased a Godox V860iii gun and it will only work after messing around with the settings, it takes a while and will eventually fire up. I then purchase a Pentax AF540FGZii gun and it works perfectly. This is when it gets weird!

A friends Pentax Kp camera works fine with the Godox gun and then i put the Godox back onto my K5....and it works staight away! Try the Godox on my K5 a few weeks later and.. does not work again.

any thoughts please?

regards
Rick
DOIK
Posted 24/01/2023 - 19:45 Link
With the flash switched off try sliding the it on to the hot shoe several times, it may be an intermittent dirty contact

John
old lens
Posted 25/01/2023 - 15:12 Link
[quote:3496ace15f="DOIK"]With the flash switched off try sliding the it on to the hot shoe several times, it may be an intermittent dirty contact

thanks John. I tried that when i first had the flashgun but it did not work. logically it must be something on my K5 as the gun works on other cameras. I have just spent 10 minutes fiddling with settings on the flash unit and it then started working.
Like I said on original post, it is odd.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.