Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Gare Du Nord (concert)

Anvh
Posted 25/11/2010 - 10:44 Link
Thank you Cabster.

Yeah microphones were a big problem, there were around 5 place at the front of the podium.

In all honesty I've no idea what I did focus wise. It's set on spot though but I've manual focus some and others where focused recomposed but that isn't the problem I believe. What you're telling me is that I should pay more attention to the composition
I can tell you I forgot that a bit while shooting, it took me already quite some effort to have the exposure right and the focus under these condition. Normal portraits and auto-racing are far easier to do

Are there more on the forum that do concert photography?
I don't see photos often here.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
thoughton
Posted 26/11/2010 - 12:39 Link
Hi Stefan,

1 and 4 are too soft.

3 is a good pose, but the white shirt is too bright! Faces are a bit too blurry too.

2 is sharp and well exposed, but unfortunately not a great shot of the girl. Not very flattering (chin, armpit, bingo wing), and no eyes.

5 is great, really fab colours, great dynamic pose. Even the blur is okay. Pity his face isn't a little more visible but not a big issue for me.

6 is good too, I like the flare, PP is good too - cool colours. Kind of duotone look to it. Nice.

7 also good. Not sure which I prefer, probably the BW one (just barely).

Not keen on 8, their facial expressions are a bit boring and the girl is too soft.

9 is okay, not my favourite but not bad either. Unusual and quite interesting, but technically lots of problems which detract from the image.

10 is one of my preferred ones. Great action pose, face is nice and sharp. The shirt is a bit too much on the eyes though, can you tone it down a bit?

Overall I'd say 5, 7/6 and 10 are my favourites, in that order.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
FlickrFluidrPPGStreetPortfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Edited by thoughton: 26/11/2010 - 12:40
ReklawyksEkul
Posted 26/11/2010 - 15:22 Link
Anvh wrote:
half way now.
here is a small selection, all taken with the DA*50-135.
The better shots with the DA*16-50 still needs to come

Comment Image

Anvh wrote:
More photos, with exif this time (i hope)

Comment Image

Is there a limit how many you can post?

ohh... I think i have overdone the last one....
What do you think?

i love these shot stefan, the blur seems right to me. it made the photos more lively..if only you could remove the mic from the first picture

great set
iqbal

learning in progress...

picasa
flickr
photoblog
PPG
Anvh
Posted 30/11/2010 - 21:16 Link
Tim, thank you very much that was most helpful.
Will tackle the points that i can this week, hopefully i can improve them more.

ReklawyksEkul wrote:
i love these shot stefan, the blur seems right to me. it made the photos more lively..if only you could remove the mic from the first picture

great set

Thanks, I took a bit of a risk with the longer shutter speeds but it seem to payed off quite a bit, i also like the movement in them or else they will be quite static.

I can remove the mic, no problem, consider it done
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.