Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS Tamron SP 90mm F/2.5 macro

OldTaffy
Posted 21/09/2016 - 18:13 Link
I am selling my manual focus Tamron SP 90 mm F/2.5 52BB lens, complete with the 1:1 macro extension tube 18F, original 98FH bayonet lens hood and lens cap. I still have the boxes and packaging. Does NOT include a Tamron Adaptall mount nor the hard case.

Lens and extension tube are in very good external condition - no scratches or marks, though the chequered rubberised control rings show signs of use. I can see some fine dust between lens elements; I cannot see fungus. Diaphragm is brisk with no sign of grease. Silky-smooth focus.

This is the pre-digital model from Tamron. It is a fine macro or portrait lens for 35mm film. However, as is now recognised, when it is used with digital cameras there is often a faint central flare corrupting photos of black or dark objects. That is why I am selling it, having now bought good digital-design macro lenses to use with my K-x and K-S2 bodies. When I bought the latter from SRS I sold some stuff part-exchange, but they did not want to buy this Tamron. Is it of enough interest to anyone in this group for one of you to make an offer? Amount should allow for UK Confirmed ("signed for") 1 Kg small parcel postage, which would be £4.45 in UK.

If not of interest here, I will try it on eBay, where I would expect it to make about £70 to £90.

Martin
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.