Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS Superb K-5iiS and Tamron 17-50/2.8

JonSchick
Posted 30/06/2014 - 21:31 Link
Great camera in superb condition having taken less than 3,000 images from new. I can see one very small spec on the focussing screen which a rocket blower won't shift (thankfully not in the centre of the screen and only slightly noticeable when that particular bit is against something bright eg clouds) and that obviously has no impact on image quality.

It has ACMAXX screen protectors on the top and rear LCDs (which are obviously removable if you would prefer), and comes boxed with all original items including the original purchase receipt (another member of this site) which shows it is just over one year old. I will also include an additional generic battery (a decent brand, I think Innov8 from memory) and a spare unused Pentax strap which I have lying around for no good reason!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Changing financial circumstances and a determination to downsize kit are leading to the sale, but this is without doubt the best APSC dSLR I have ever used. I'm looking for £440 incl RMSD within the UK, will post within the EU to destinations where Airsure is an option, and accept bank transfer (UK only) or PayPal (if buyer pays fees).

I also have a Tamron 17-50/2.8 lens which I have often used with the camera. In common with many examples of this lens, it requires significant calibration for front focus issues, and on this K-5iiS I have found that it works brilliantly now I have dialled in -7 for front focussing - even at f2.8 and full length. I am nervous about selling the lens separately as on some earlier bodies (and also because of variation from body to body) it may be a struggle to achieve really good adjustment at all - on my previous body I think I had it set at -9 or even -10!. Therefore, if you were interested in buying it with the K-5iiS I'd be prepared to bundle it in for a massively cut-down price of an additional £100 incl the postage - once you get these lenses calibrated, the image quality is superb, and it's great to have an affordable constant aperture fast zoom. The lens - unboxed - is in superb condition, aside from a minor mark on the front lens cap!

Please PM with any questions.

Cheers,

Jon
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link
Posted 30/06/2014 - 21:33 Link
PM sent for both items.
Edited by seppstefano: 30/06/2014 - 21:59
JonSchick
Posted 01/07/2014 - 22:17 Link
Both items sold pending payment.

Cheers,

Jon
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.