FS SMC Pentax A 50mm f1.4 (great example)

JonSchick

Link Posted 18/01/2015 - 15:36
I kept this lens after making a transition to mirrorless but sadly it has not been used much so needs to find a new home. Coming complete with Pentax front and rear lens caps, the lens is in lovely condition and works perfectly. No fungus, dents or scratches. Cosmetically superb and has only minor dust inside as expected with a lens of this age (and has no impact on image quality).

About as good an example as you are likely to find, and given it is an A rather than M mount allowing use of the Auto exposure modes in the camera, it works well as a portrait lens on APSC and is perhaps more likely to be useful (and maintain its value) if Pentax do bring out their FF at some point!

Priced sensibly at 80 including insured postage within the UK. I'll happily quote for shipping abroad. PayPal (buyer pays fees) or bank transfer are fine.

Please PM with any questions.

Cheers,

Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 20/01/2015 - 22:45
Bump! Super fast lens in great condition at a great price.....great when adapted for mirrorless cameras too, esp if they have focus peaking. A perfect portrait lens for m43?

JonSchick

Link Posted 26/01/2015 - 21:12
Bump - still available and open to sensible offers.

Cheers,

Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 28/01/2015 - 08:47
Sold subject to payment.

jeallen01

Link Posted 28/01/2015 - 20:26
You have a PM
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

jeallen01

Link Posted 31/01/2015 - 11:28
Jon

Many Thanks

Received on Saturday - very well packed (in a 4/3rds lens box ) and very clean. Seems to work OK but not really tried it out yet.

Regards

John
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

JonSchick

Link Posted 31/01/2015 - 11:41
Now you know why I haven't kept it

I held on to it for a while because I thought it would make a great portrait lens on m43 - indeed it does, esp with focus peaking - but laziness means the mZuiko 45/1.8 usually wins. Pity the mZ isn't built to the same high standards as that lovely Pentax lens though....

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 31/01/2015 - 14:28
I'm glad someone bought this as I've been resisting since I first saw it. I don't need another 50/1.4.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.