Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO DG EX HSM

andy_bell
Posted 09/07/2014 - 20:25 Link
This has been a hard decision, but I am selling this lens as I have too many overlaps with my Pentax zooms & Primes.
It was purchased from SRS on 31 Jan 2014, so it is only 6 months old, the warranty is transferable, so there is 2& 1/2 years left!
There is a little bit of "shining" on the lens hood around the word "Sigma" and a couple of hardly visible rub marks on the DOF window, other than that the lens is perfect.
It has a Hoya UV filter fitted from new, and has only been used about 2 or 3 times.
I'm looking for £600 to fund some new toys
Comes with its Hood, Case and box plus original SRS receipt etc.
Comment Image
Comment Image
A few bits & Bobs
Mike-P
Posted 09/07/2014 - 20:47 Link
You had better check on the warranty situation with Chris ... as far as I am aware the first year is with SRS and the other two are directly with Sigma and that is not transferable (as I found out a while ago .. altho that lens didn't come from SRS)

Will say though, this is an excellent lens.
Edited by Mike-P: 09/07/2014 - 20:47
andy_bell
Posted 09/07/2014 - 20:53 Link
Should be OK as I haven't registered it with Sigma.....
A few bits & Bobs
Mike-P
Posted 09/07/2014 - 21:12 Link
You have to register it with Sigma in the first month of purchase to be eligible for the 3 year warranty.
abam48
Posted 10/07/2014 - 11:39 Link
PM sent
andy_bell
Posted 10/07/2014 - 14:51 Link
Sold!

Subject to payment and the usual......
A few bits & Bobs
andy_bell
Posted 23/07/2014 - 09:25 Link
Back up for sale due to unforeseen circumstances....
A few bits & Bobs
andy_bell
Posted 25/07/2014 - 08:20 Link
Please note: this is the newer version of the lens with Optical Stabilization....
A few bits & Bobs
andy_bell
Posted 29/07/2014 - 08:28 Link
Bump....
A few bits & Bobs
andy_bell
Posted 13/08/2014 - 08:37 Link
Item withdrawn from sale,
In the light of the news from Sigma that they aren't making them for Pentax anymore.
I'll hang on to it for the time being to cover the odd Airshow or two....
A few bits & Bobs
truckerathome
Posted 13/08/2014 - 17:10 Link
andy_bell wrote:
Item withdrawn from sale,
In the light of the news from Sigma that they aren't making them for Pentax anymore.
I'll hang on to it for the time being to cover the odd Airshow or two....

Not seen that information as yet, where did you get it from?
Mike-P
Posted 13/08/2014 - 18:21 Link
truckerathome wrote:

Not seen that information as yet, where did you get it from?

On the "other" forum ... not the "other other" forum or the "other other other" forum.

In other words, the American forum.
PIRATE
Posted 13/08/2014 - 19:40 Link
Mike-P wrote:
You have to register it with Sigma in the first month of purchase to be eligible for the 3 year warranty.

Ahoy!

I've registered Sigma (UK) distributed lenses 2 years after purchase and they were accepted for the extended warranty. It must be a Sigma (UK) distributed lens (Sigma register all serial numbers so they cross-reference them to ensure the lens is a genuine UK copy and not a grey import). Once accepted, Sigma (UK) will send a confirmation email, so keep it in a safe place such as on you personal web space, cloud or other secure place (even on a removable storage card).

The main issue is that the vendor (original buyer) will have the invoice in their name/address and that the invoice must have the lens serial number on it to tie it to the affected lens as otherwise it could be any lens of the same make/model, and as this has to be supplied when making a claim under warranty, anyone buying the lens would have to send it back to the original buyer to be forwarded to Sigma (UK) for repair and then after they get it back from Sigma they send it on to the new owner. It's the only way around it as has been already stated, the warranty is non-transferrable.

That said, other mounts for the same lens are generally cheaper, but as the OP has decided to hang onto the lens, I would be looking for used copies for less money as you can buy the lens new (delivered) for £671.99 anyway and for an extra £15.00 buy a 3 year global MACK warranty from OSD, though it's out of stock at the moment for the K-Mount.
truckerathome
Posted 14/08/2014 - 02:32 Link
Does the HSM on this lens work with Kenko converters or with the Pentax 1.4x. I was just wondering in case I decide to upgrade my original screw drive model, although that will depend on how I get on with the 60 - 250 I have just purchased from a forum member.

I couldn't decide wether to plump for this or the 60 -250 but went for the latter instead, still have to give it a good workout yet though.
Edited by truckerathome: 14/08/2014 - 02:33
andy_bell
Posted 14/08/2014 - 08:42 Link
Another member tried it but I think they said that it didn't work with the Pentax converter.
That said it seemed to work OK when used with the Tamron 1.4 converter which I have so all is not lost....
A few bits & Bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.