FS:Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4 ED (IF) SDM Lens

sandinista

Link Posted 28/12/2013 - 19:24
I am selling my copy of this lens. I just do not use it enough to justify keeping it. I must be up front and honest and say it has the idiosyncratic/erratic SDM auto focussing problems between 50mm-70mm. Some days it works fine, others not.

I have never had a problem with focussing at the wide end. I am pricing the lens taking this into consideration and am asking 180 inclusive of RMSD. Comes with box, manual and lens caps and hood

Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

sandinista

Link Posted 29/12/2013 - 13:40
Some pics taken with the lens
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website
Last Edited by sandinista on 29/12/2013 - 13:42

sandinista

Link Posted 29/12/2013 - 13:46

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

davidstorm

Link Posted 29/12/2013 - 16:31
A quick note on the focussing, I have the same lens and on my K-5 I had the same issue as noted by Jim here, but on the K-5IIs and the K-3 the lens focusses without a problem. I'm posting this as Jim has been very honest in mentioning this, but anyone with a K-5II variant or a K-3 may not suffer the same issues. The 17-70 is a very good lens and I would not part with mine.

Hope you don't mind me posting this Jim, just thought it might be helpful.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

sandinista

Link Posted 29/12/2013 - 17:06
Don't mind at all David, it's very helpful as it may help someone if they have a K5IIs or K3 and are undecided as to whether the lens is worth buying.

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

sandinista

Link Posted 03/01/2014 - 12:14
Lens is now sold pending payment

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

maranatha

Link Posted 03/01/2014 - 15:31
If sale does not go through let me know
A question is only easy when you know the answer ..

sandinista

Link Posted 03/01/2014 - 18:08
Lens is now sold to Valdimir

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.