FS great SMC Pentax M lenses (some rare)

JonSchick

Link Posted 26/05/2014 - 21:08
Following my previous couple of posts, here are some lovely examples of nice SMC Pentax M lenses. Unusually, all of them have their original cases (worn but surviving) and come with both lens caps, and one still even has its box. Going in order of focal length:

SMC Pentax 20/4 M

A lovely full frame alternative to the DA21 pancake, this is a great little lens which does wonderful things with colour. A recent example from Portugal:

These lenses do not come up terribly often, and when they do I doubt that they'd be in as good condition as this one, which has clearly been very well looked-after. No nasties either optically or cosmetically; it's in really great shape. Price is £180 including RMSD, so a very cost effective alternative to the DA Ltd - zone focus and away you go.

SMC Pentax 28/3.5 M BOXED

Another lens in great condition, although this time I can definitely see a few bits and bobs of dust inside. Nothing more than you'd expect and they haven't affected any of my images taken with the lens. A few recent examples:

This lens is a definite step up from the more common 28/2.8 and makes a nice standard length lens on an APSC sensor. Superb compact sharp bargain at £60 incl RMSD.

SMC Pentax 35/2 M

You don't see these coming up very often (the 2.8 lens is easier to find, but this one is nicer) and this lens is a beauty. Superb condition and amazingly sharp with lovely colours and contrast. Probably my favourite from all my legacy lenses. A few recent shots:

The shame is that this one would probably worth a lot more if it wasn't for the new DA35/2.4 lens, but I think this one probably does have a big more character and it certainly exudes quality. Of course it's also full frame ready, which the DA won't be Price £90 incl RMSD.

SMC Pentax 200/4 M

Lovely example in as-new and unmarked condition. Not going to post any images taken with it because I really haven't used it much at all - one reason for the sale. From previous experience these are nice capable lenses and, aside from anything else, there is a certain joy just from using a lens with such perfectly-damped focusing and nice build quality (as per the lenses above). Has a built in hood. These lenses are relatively easy to find, although not in this condition, Hence a bargain at £45 incl recorded delivery.

I accept PayPal (prices above are net to me) or bank transfer, and am happy to discuss insured postage within the EU if it is to destinations served by AirSure. Please PM me with any question.

Best wishes,

Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 27/05/2014 - 18:48
35/2 now sold but 20/4, 28/3.5 and 200/4 still available.

Jon

womble

Link Posted 28/05/2014 - 14:02
Whew... I'm glad someone bought that before I succombed to temptation!

Good luck with the other sales. BTW I highly recommend the M20, especially on film. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

JonSchick

Link Posted 28/05/2014 - 20:41
I recommend the M20 too Kris! (and the 28/3.5 and 200/4 are worth a look too while you're at it )

I am open to sensible offers v close to the asking price, but I think the prices are already very competitive - esp for the wide angle lens, which is often significantly north of £200...

Cheers,

Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 30/05/2014 - 08:34
Bump please buy us....we're feeling unloved!

womble

Link Posted 30/05/2014 - 23:58
I'll vouch for the M20. It is a lovely lens, especially on film. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

doingthebobs

Link Posted 31/05/2014 - 14:50
PM sent re 20mm.
Bob

JonSchick

Link Posted 31/05/2014 - 16:33
Thanks Bob...just replied.

Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 31/05/2014 - 17:51
M20 is sold but 28/3.5 and 200/4 both still available.

Cheers,

Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 03/06/2014 - 06:37
Bump. Boxed excellent 28/3.5 £50 and mint 200/4 with case £40. Bargains! Jon

womble

Link Posted 04/06/2014 - 08:48
If I didn't already have these lenses I'd snap them up at these prices. I'm almost tempted even though I do have them!
Kris Lockyear

My website

doingthebobs

Link Posted 04/06/2014 - 20:25
I have them both already but I now have a 20mm as well!

Lens received and very pleased. Thanks Jon for an easy transaction.
Bob

coker

Link Posted 04/06/2014 - 21:53
PM sent re 200 f4.

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!

JonSchick

Link Posted 04/06/2014 - 23:06
PM replied and lens sold subject to payment. Just a lonely 28/3.5 left..... Surely someone must be interested; it's a good upgrade to the more common 28/2.8 and a useful "standard" length on APSC sensors too.

Cheers,

Jon

coker

Link Posted 11/06/2014 - 12:54
Lens received, well packed & in lovely condition.

Good to deal with you & thanks again,

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.