FS: Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO Lanthar SL

LennyBloke

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 21:48
My collection is now down to a handful on non Pentax lenses, and Portrait length lenses are over-represented in my collection so this beautiful Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO Lanthar SL is the next to go.

Optically it is excellent, the coatings are lovely and there is minimal dust. Mechanically the aperture is clean, snappy and responsive while the focus is nicely damped and positive. Cosmetically it is overall very good - there is a small area that looks as though it may have been rubbed and retouched (shown in the photos).

These aren't very common (particularly in PK-A mount) and reviews are very positive:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/voigtlander-90mm-f3-5-apo-lanthar-sl.ht...

It isn't a fast lens but the upside of that is that it is relatively compact and performs superbly right from maximum aperture. If you want a beautifully engineered, manual focus, optically superb portrait length lens then you won't go far wrong with this beauty.

Here's a few photos of ...

...and with...

Price: 425 plus P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift, Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome

LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 22/09/2020 - 08:37
That is a doozy, John. Should fly off the shelf, especially at that price.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 22/09/2020 - 09:11
Benz3ne wrote:

You might think so Ben - but lenses that once would have "flown off the shelf" can hang around for quite a long time, even if they are almost impossible to find on the second hand market I'm still surprised that my FA*85 hasn't sold, and I think it's the lowest priced one around. https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/fs--smc-pentax-fa--85mm-f1-4--if--63299 - I will end up doing another Ebay splurge at some point, but I do prefer to sell on here if possible, many items go to Pentaxians that will appreciate and use them plenty
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 24/09/2020 - 11:20
LennyBloke wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

You might think so Ben - but lenses that once would have "flown off the shelf" can hang around for quite a long time, even if they are almost impossible to find on the second hand market I'm still surprised that my FA*85 hasn't sold, and I think it's the lowest priced one around. https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/fs--smc-pentax-fa--85mm-f1-4--if--63299 - I will end up doing another Ebay splurge at some point, but I do prefer to sell on here if possible, many items go to Pentaxians that will appreciate and use them plenty

I know what you mean, the market is currently a little slow in places.
This does beg the question, however, if you're offloading something as beautiful as this Voigt', and portrait length lenses are over represented, what's left?

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/09/2020 - 11:40
Benz3ne wrote:
....I know what you mean, the market is currently a little slow in places.
This does beg the question, however, if you're offloading something as beautiful as this Voigt', and portrait length lenses are over represented, what's left?

This bunch will (or are) be up for sale at some point:

Auto Takumar 85/1.8
Pentax K 85/1.8
Pentax M 85/2.0
Pentax F 85/2.8 Soft Focus
Pentax FA* 85/1.4

I'm keeping the D-FA*85/1.4 and FA 77/1.8 Limited (and the A*85/1.4 probably).

Anything of interest
LennyBloke

smc

Link Posted 24/09/2020 - 12:31
I have the Voigtlander in Leica LTM mount - it is a very nice lens. That said, the K85/1.8 looks interesting

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/10/2020 - 16:58
Bump (with a price reduction) to 395
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 23/10/2020 - 08:13
Bump
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.