FS: Tamron SP AF70-200 F2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro lens

thegreenman

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 13:01
For sale Tamron SP AF70-200 F2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro lens in very good condition.

This is a superb quality lens. Produces stunning images and is beautifully built. The lens comes complete with front and rear caps. UV filter. Tripod collar. Original carry bag and original box.
It is in very good condition, showing only slight signs of use. Optically perfect, may be the odd speck of dust inside, but no fungus.
I am only selling because I find it difficult to justify having it for the occasional use it gets. Good home needed

Looking for 325 either by Bank transfer or Paypal Gift. Price includes UPS next day delivery

TIA

edin_togger

Link Posted 16/12/2016 - 22:53
thegreenman wrote:
For sale Tamron SP AF70-200 F2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro lens in very good condition.

This is a superb quality lens. Produces stunning images and is beautifully built. The lens comes complete with front and rear caps. UV filter. Tripod collar. Original carry bag and original box.
It is in very good condition, showing only slight signs of use. Optically perfect, may be the odd speck of dust inside, but no fungus.
I am only selling because I find it difficult to justify having it for the occasional use it gets. Good home needed

Looking for 325 either by Bank transfer or Paypal Gift. Price includes UPS next day delivery

TIA

Hey, did you sell this yet?

thegreenman

Link Posted 17/12/2016 - 07:59
No, still for sale

edin_togger

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 09:01
thegreenman wrote:
No, still for sale

Don't suppose you've used it on a K1?

thegreenman

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 09:51
No, I use it on a K5. I am in Dorset and nowhere near a shop that might have a K1 to test it on. If you bought it and it doesn't work well with the K1 I would refund you if you returned it to me.

bforbes

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 10:17
edin_togger wrote:
thegreenman wrote:
No, still for sale

Don't suppose you've used it on a K1?

Sorry for butting in, but it works well on a K1
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Blythman

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 10:22
Agree with Barrie. Its so good that I can't ever see me bothering with the Pentax 70-200
Alan

PPG
Flickr

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 10:27
Agree excellent on k1

thegreenman

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 10:38
Thanks all, that's the K1 issue sorted.

edin_togger

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 14:19
thegreenman wrote:
Thanks all, that's the K1 issue sorted.

Indeed! Can I just ask what the history of the lens is, age etc?

thegreenman

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 14:47
I bought it from a member here in 2013, Not sure of the age then, but it looked hardly used and came with box etc. I have used it for a bit of sports photography and tried to use it on the kids running around, nut it's just a bit too heavy to carry around on days out with the family, so I never pick it up. Just seems like a waste of good glass. It is a very good lens and I might well regret letting it go.

JAK

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 15:24
Its a shame the revised Tamron on which the new Pentax lens is based hasn't been made available in K mount. However I suspect in a side by side comparison, the lens offered here wouldn't produce overly differing results to the new Tamron/Pentax. The only real oddity is the clunky MF/AF push pull system.

The new version on which the Pentax is based has improved optical shake reduction, a feature not available in the Pentax lens. So all in all, one would have to be a purist to pay the additional 1000 for a Pentax branded one when the Tamron version (not available to Pentax users) retails around 750 in other mounts. At the end of the day I don't reckon anyone would be disappointed with the older Tamron; a bargain!
John K

edin_togger

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 15:58
thegreenman wrote:
I bought it from a member here in 2013, Not sure of the age then, but it looked hardly used and came with box etc. I have used it for a bit of sports photography and tried to use it on the kids running around, nut it's just a bit too heavy to carry around on days out with the family, so I never pick it up. Just seems like a waste of good glass. It is a very good lens and I might well regret letting it go.

I think at 325 it's a bargain, happy to take it.

alfpics

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 16:10
JAK wrote:
Its a shame the revised Tamron on which the new Pentax lens is based hasn't been made available in K mount. However I suspect in a side by side comparison, the lens offered here wouldn't produce overly differing results to the new Tamron/Pentax. The only real oddity is the clunky MF/AF push pull system.

The new version on which the Pentax is based has improved optical shake reduction, a feature not available in the Pentax lens. So all in all, one would have to be a purist to pay the additional 1000 for a Pentax branded one when the Tamron version (not available to Pentax users) retails around 750 in other mounts. At the end of the day I don't reckon anyone would be disappointed with the older Tamron; a bargain!

I think this old one has better close focussing ability
Andy

JAK

Link Posted 19/12/2016 - 16:20
alfpics wrote:
I think this old one has better close focussing ability

Apparently three times as close.

There's a recent YouTube video comparing the old and new Tamron verions link
It seems most of the cost of the new lens is in the stabilisation that wasn't in the earlier version, so it seems somewhat off to pay all that extra not to have it in the new (Pentax) version of it. If anything the Pentax version ought to cost less than the revised Tamron for other brands that do have stabilisation.
Apparently the author of the video linked to here says he will produce another shortly comparing the optical qualities of both. That will be interesting.

At the end of the day, I don't think Pentax users are missing much by making do with the older version, but I guess it's nice if you have that extra 1000 to spend if one wishes. It might well be worth it for Canikon users to get the new version in their respective mounts for the stabilisation. Pentax users don't need it, we've already go it!
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 19/12/2016 - 16:25
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.