FS: Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Lens

hefty1

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 15:31
I've had this one from new (around 3 years now) and it's had very little use, hence it's in mint- condition with all the original packaging (even the Tamron sachet of silica gel). Also included is a Hoya 62mm UV filter that's never been used (I was given it free when I bought the lens). I don't use long lenses very much and now I have the Pentax 50-200WR this is surplus to requirements - it's not as good as a DA*60-250 but for a budget lens it's not too bad either.

Some pictures of the lens:

Now I paid £120 for this when it was new and the prices have fluctuated quite a bit since; it seems the current going rate for a new one is around £140 so I'm asking for just £80 to try and get a quick-ish sale. It's pretty much as-new and it's still a current model after all...

I'm happy to take cash, cheques and PayPal - postage and packaging will be at cost and will depend on where you are and what method of delivery is used.
Joining the Q

womble

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 19:10
This image was taken with one of these...

Hope that's helpful.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

hefty1

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 22:29
I'm quite happy for you to show that as an example...
Joining the Q

coker

Link Posted 20/05/2010 - 23:34
Hi, Womble.
May I take this opportunity to be a fool for five minutes......?

Where's the image taken with one of these Tamrons, a la Hefty?

Regards,

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!

hefty1

Link Posted 20/05/2010 - 23:44
Womble's link leads to one of his entries in the Pentax Photo Gallery - unfortunately when it's being particularly slow to load (like tonight) then all you see is a blank page for what seems like ages.

Of course the solution is to buy your own copy of the Tammy and take some photos - then you'll know exactly how it performs. And this must be your lucky day as I happen to know where there's a really nice one going cheap...
Joining the Q

hefty1

Link Posted 21/05/2010 - 11:30
No longer for sale - thanks for looking.
Joining the Q

coker

Link Posted 21/05/2010 - 17:45
The iron was hot..... & I didn't strike!

Well Done, Hefty, & the proud new owner!

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!

hefty1

Link Posted 21/05/2010 - 19:56
I didn't sell it, I had an offer on my DA50-200 that was too good to refuse so I flogged that instead and (for now) I'm keeping the Tammy.

Don't worry though, these come up a lot on here - it's not exactly a rare lens...
Joining the Q
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.