FS: SMC Pentax-M 85mm F2

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/10/2018 - 16:39
This copy is in overall very good condition - some minor silvering on barrel, minor dust (typical for age), nice snappy aperture and smooth focus throw, with a genuine Pentax 49mm clip on hood.

Price: 159 inc P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), PayPal (Gift), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome.

LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 02/02/2019 - 10:02
Bump
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 22/02/2019 - 14:12
Way back when in my Pentax MX days this lens was my absolute favourite portrait lens - used on many a Wedding and Portrait shoot, but I fell out of love with it in the early digital days - I couldn't get images I liked from it with my *ist DS, K10D, K20D or K5 - but since the K1 has come along it has proved to be a much better lens than I had thought. It suffers from CA and is a tad soft at maximum aperture - but apart from that it's a very capable, compact, beautifully made Pentax portrait prime...

Why am I selling it I hear you mutter? Cos I've got 2 copies

Again, click on the images to open in Flickr at a bigger size
LennyBloke

geordie01

Link Posted 22/02/2019 - 16:47
Got to be a bargain that i saw one not so long ago at a local auction go for 190 plus commission and it did not have the hood nor was in as good nick.

johnha

Link Posted 24/02/2019 - 22:15
PM sent.
PPG Flickr

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/02/2019 - 08:40
PM Replied
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 22/11/2019 - 12:03
This deal never went through - and I didn't update the thread - so it is still available, and I'll throw in the P&P
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/01/2020 - 12:26
Still available.....

...how about a price drop to 149.....

...and I'll include the P&P
LennyBloke

luDoc

Link Posted 20/05/2020 - 09:26
Hi,
I would like to know if the lens is still available.

Thank You.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 20/05/2020 - 09:35
luDoc wrote:
Hi,

Thank You.

Still available but not able to post for the next few weeks
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 20/05/2020 - 10:41
LennyBloke wrote:
Way back when in my Pentax MX days this lens was my absolute favourite portrait lens - used on many a Wedding and Portrait shoot, but I fell out of love with it in the early digital days -

I definitely need to spend more time with mine, especially on the MX*... Stellar lens it has to be said.
*I need to get some home-processing kit!
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 20/05/2020 - 10:41

luDoc

Link Posted 22/05/2020 - 22:29
LennyBloke wrote:
luDoc wrote:
Hi,

Thank You.

Thank you for your fast reply. Maybe I will have to find an alternative for the moment but anyhow I'm interested in the lens so, as soon as you will be available, please let me know. Could you also write me back in private cause I would like to ask something more about it. My email is ludoc@hotmail.it

LennyBloke

Link Posted 23/05/2020 - 11:48
luDoc wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thank You.

Thank you for your fast reply. Maybe I will have to find an alternative for the moment but anyhow I'm interested in the lens so, as soon as you will be available, please let me know. Could you also write me back in private cause I would like to ask something more about it. My email is xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry, but I only post within the UK (when I'm actually posting!) - good luck with your hunting, they do come up on Ebay quite often
LennyBloke

luDoc

Link Posted 23/05/2020 - 13:17
Thank you Lenny,

Actually this was one of the things I wished to ask you. May I know why this is not possibile? It is a problem of postal services or taxes? Obviously I'm willing to pay more for the service if necessary, and I never had problem buying from UK Sellers.

It is really hard for me to buy second hand lenses from whoever (specially from ebayer), at least i can trust a true Pentaxian who took care of such a special lens, did you?

Anyhow I thank you for your time and whish you a nice day.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 23/05/2020 - 15:58
luDoc wrote:
Thank you Lenny,

Actually this was one of the things I wished to ask you. May I know why this is not possibile? It is a problem of postal services or taxes? Obviously I'm willing to pay more for the service if necessary, and I never had problem buying from UK Sellers.

It is really hard for me to buy second hand lenses from whoever (specially from ebayer), at least i can trust a true Pentaxian who took care of such a special lens, did you?

Anyhow I thank you for your time and whish you a nice day.

It's purely down to Postal Services - Sorry
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.