FS: SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter - Excellent

LennyBloke

Link Posted 12/04/2019 - 15:19
I have a lovely condition SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter with caps for sale. Functions perfectly, coatings in great condition - you probably know all about it anyway but if you don't here is the description and reviews over at the US site:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Pentax-Rear-Teleconverter-F-1.7x-Autofo...

If you want any more info or photos just send me a PM.

195 inc. P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome

LennyBloke

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/04/2019 - 01:32
What is the image quality like and how many stops does one lose? I'm thinking of long lenses made longer that you'd otherwise be unable to focus by hand.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 13/04/2019 - 09:02
davidwozhere wrote:
What is the image quality like and how many stops does one lose? I'm thinking of long lenses made longer that you'd otherwise be unable to focus by hand.

Hi David, the loss of stops is 1.5, image quality has generally been acknowledged as one of the best converters produced by Pentax (I have another one permanently in my collection that gets used often), you may need to set the "approximate" focus position then the adapter will fine tune it for you, this depends on the amount of focus-throw of a particular lens. If you're thinking of using it with longer lenses then bear in mind that it was intended for use with fast lenses but it can be used successfully with some slower lenses particularly if the lighting is good.

There are a small number of lenses it is not compatible with - I think these are listed on the link!
LennyBloke

davidwozhere

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 01:03
Ah. I just read the blurb - it doesn't play with m42s - and that was what I had in mind.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Last Edited by davidwozhere on 14/04/2019 - 01:04

Defragged

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 10:26
davidwozhere wrote:
Ah. I just read the blurb - it doesn't play with m42s - and that was what I had in mind.

It will/can be made to be used with M42 lenses.

This is a quote from an article at DPR "If you are the adventerous type; you can also use the Pentax-F 1.7X AF Adapter to make your M42 screwmount lenses autofocus. Just short out the pins (with aluminum foil) on the lensmount side of the 1.7X. Actually you only need to short out one pin; the one just to the left of the six o'clock position as you are looking at the lensmount side of the 1.7X." link

Hope this helps.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 20:51
Price reduction

160 plus RMSD (7.95)
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.