FS: Pentax SMC K 18mm f3.5

LennyBloke

Link Posted 19/08/2020 - 12:31
Here is my Pentax SMC K 18mm f3.5 in very nice condition up for sale. Focus is smooth, coatings are good, minor dust in the optics (not bad for its age), aperture is clean and responsive, cosmetically it's good - there is some minor "silvering" around the aperture ring and barrel but pretty minimal for its age, comes with Pentax Caps (no hood - they are rarer than the lens )

A few photos of ....

..and a few photos with (on the K1 mkII)...

Not too many of these around, there's one for sale at a trusted UK camera shop for 699 and one in the Netherlands for similar (but in Euros)....

Price: 449 plus P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift, Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome

LennyBloke

vic cross

Link Posted 19/08/2020 - 15:59
Hi. Don't get your hopes up. I don.t want to buy, just ask a question. I have a Sigma 18mm f2.8 with four filters built into the lens. I am just wondering what the "cloudy" "skylight" and "Y48"(Y2)" readings are around the lens????
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 19/08/2020 - 16:21
Hi Vic - the four filters are Cloudy, Skylight, Yellow & Orange some of the more common filters used for Black and White photography back in the day - fitting a filter to the front of the lens would cause vignetting so they built them in.

This model is I believe the early variant - supposedly no difference in optics or constructions, just cosmetics
LennyBloke

vic cross

Link Posted 20/08/2020 - 00:46
Hi again. Same 4 filters as in my Sigma. Skylight. Orange. Yellow and blue. It must have been a thing back in the day.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

johnha

Link Posted 20/08/2020 - 09:27
It still is a 'thing' if shooting film. Red, orange, yellow, blue etc. are commonly used by B&W photographers as these effects can't be reproduced in the darkroom afterwards. At the time, most colour photography used transparency films, many of these gave much better colours with a Skylight filter to warm them up.

Some lenses had (have?) a clip behind the rear element to insert gelatine filters if vignetting would be a problem - of course today's' solution is a dinner plate sized filter system...
PPG Flickr

LennyBloke

Link Posted 23/08/2020 - 10:10
Does 399 appeal to anyone
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.