FS: Pentax M 85mm f2.0 + Pentax K 28mm f3.5 - Slightly slow apertures

LennyBloke

Link Posted 25/04/2022 - 11:04
I have copies of these two lenses both suffering from slow aperture - a relatively easy fix for a competent amateur repairer (I believe) or one of the cheaper professional repairs.

If you are interested in doing this yourself you could save a bit over a usual priced copy. The M85 has the little rounded "bump" missing (the cosmetic guide for lens mounting). Otherwise they are both in pretty good condition.

How about the K28/3.5 for 55 and the M85/2.0 for 85 plus P&P or if you want both together 125 plus P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift, Cheque or Cash on collection, inspection welcome.
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/04/2022 - 12:23
Great lenses, superb value.

This is a straightforward fix usually. Remove the five screws using the appropriate JIS driver (a bit of acetone on the screws will loosen the threadlocker).

When the mount comes off you'll see the problem immediately, as grease finds its way onto the aperture lever ring and back of the mount. It's then just a case of wiping off the grease and drying all the visible surfaces. No other disassembly should be required but you might want to take off the aperture lever ring to wipe the underside.
All the gear with no idea

RD

Link Posted 26/04/2022 - 15:53
Hello Lenny - I am interested in the 85mm - I can collect - thanks Rob

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/04/2022 - 20:00
RD wrote:
Hello Lenny - I am interested in the 85mm - I can collect - thanks Rob

Hi Rob - I've sent you a PM
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 28/04/2022 - 21:01
85mm Sold
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/05/2022 - 10:01
28mm Sold
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.