FS: Pentax FA* 300mm f2.8 ED(IF)

genesisphil

Link Posted 20/02/2012 - 14:36
Hi
I am offering my FA* 300mm f2.8 ED(IF) for sale as I am concentrating now more on landscape and macro work and see little point in keeping it as it will rarely be used and transporting it with tripod, bodies etc.. on my motorbike is somewhat awkward! LOL.
It is in excellent condition, fully functioning with normal wear and marks on the casing and just a small mark on the front filter element that does not register at all on images taken. It comes with lens hood case and carrycase with a set of rear filters and lens manual.
I am asking 2500 and will happily provide iamges of the lens if anyone interested would like to PM me. I would also add that I will not risk posting the lens to any buyer and it will be collection only with payment in cash or in advance by bank transfer.

genesisphil

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 09:33
OK, before I consider simply advertising on ebay, which I was hoping to avoid, I am prepared to consider any sensible and realistic offers. As many of you know this lens very rarely appears anywhere for sale and is certainly one of the best long lenses ever produced, with excellent test results, sharpness even wide open, amazing IQ, lovely bokeh and colour rendition. Used with Pentax DSLR's having shake reduction it can be hand held with ease in decent lighting at the wider aperture range.

Mike-P

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 09:39
How about some photos? especially the marks on the casing and the front element.
. My Flickr

genesisphil

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 10:41
Hi Mike, not sure how to post images on this forum? Hence I mentioned I would send photos to anyone actually interested in possible purchase by email.

Philip

genesisphil

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 10:59
I notice, having looked at help topics, that it is necessary to use Photobucket or similar in order to upload images to the forum. I do not have such a facility, nor wish to join a web hosting site for this purpose, so as mentioned before if anyone wants to see photos of the lens, plus any marks etc.. I will gladly email them.

Philip

JAK

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 11:09
genesisphil wrote:
I notice, having looked at help topics, that it is necessary to use Photobucket or similar in order to upload images to the forum. I do not have such a facility, nor wish to join a web hosting site for this purpose

You can upload images to http://imgur.com and link to them without having to register with the site.

Hope that helps,

John
John K

Charlotte

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 11:14
You could upload them to your 'gallery' on here, direct from your computer - no need for a separate hosting site then.

Kind regards
Charlotte
Pentax Photo Gallery
Photography blog

genesisphil

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 11:33
Thanks Charlotte. Have uploaded an image to the gallery but it says I can only do 1 a day! Will do another tomorrow and in the meantime as said before I will happily email a set of images to anyone interested. Seems much simpler to me! LOL

genesisphil

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 09:32
OK folks. Have had another look at the front element'mark' and realised it was not a scratch but just a thin smear of dirt(?) and pleased to say that with gentle application of a lens cloth it cleaned off easily. I had not used the lens for quite some time and just thought with an initial check that it had been slightly scratched last time out. I can now confidently say that the front and rear glass is mark free and in excellent condition. I will post a picture taken today of the front element on the gallery. This lens is in perfect working condition and in the absence of any realistic offers I will have to consider putting it on ebay, though I would have much preferred to sell it to someone on the forum. Oh well !!

Mike-P

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 09:42
If you were closer I would be very tempted to ask for more pics and put my A* 300mm f2.8 back up for sale.
. My Flickr

genesisphil

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 10:18
Nice trip up to Blackpool Mike and whilst here you could have a day out on the Pleasure Beach, donkey ride, build a sandcastle and go up the Tower. The new promenade has great potential for photography as does the seedy areas around the golden mile and especially the weird and wonderful stag and hen fancy dress parties that stagger about at weekends. It sure is an eye opener for anyone with an eye for photography!!! LOL

Mike-P

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 10:21
I have most of that on my doorstep (Bournemouth)

The place has turned into a total nightmare the last 10 years or so.
. My Flickr

genesisphil

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 10:28
Snap I'll post another picture on gallery tomorrow anyway
Last Edited by genesisphil on 22/02/2012 - 10:29

genesisphil

Link Posted 23/02/2012 - 10:17
OK as no more interest/offers for this lens I will now consider putting it up for sale on ebay at the weekend. I will now consider any offers in excess of 2000 with, as previously stated, collection only as do not wish to post the lens anywhere.

nicolas1970i

Link Posted 23/02/2012 - 12:28
If you put it on eBay for collection only, make sure you put a reserve price, or it might go for a few hundred quid otherwise (few people, with the available cash, would be able to bid on it).
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.