Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS: Nokton 58mm f1.4 SLii - Boxed, Excellent - PKA fit with Original Hood

LennyBloke
Posted 01/06/2022 - 14:54 Link
Sold one of these a couple of years back - regretted it immediately spent months tracking another down, cost more than I sold my copy for and have been very happy with it

IMO it produces nicer results than the Pentax 50/1.2 lenses, but it's not quite up to the level of the DFA*50/1.4 - so it's probably time to move on (and not regret this time!!!!)...

So, this copy is in excellent condition. It's boxed and has the original Voigtlander hood (also boxed) - I'll put some photos up if anyone is interested :

Price £475 plus P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift, Cheque or Cash on collection, inspection welcome.
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 01/06/2022 - 18:54 Link
A few sample images snapped in the garden a few minutes ago...

1. f2.0
Comment Image

2. f1.4
Comment Image

3. f4.0
Comment Image

4. f1.4
Comment Image

5. f1.4
Comment Image

The lavender shots have some backlighting which the lens handles quite well - when at maximum aperture there is a slight glow around highlight areas (which I haven't tried to "correct"), there is also a slight tendency to "purple fringe" in some situations (common for many fast, quality lenses). There is no added sharpening on any of these, just a little shadow/highlight and exposure adjustment
LennyBloke
smc
Posted 01/06/2022 - 22:40 Link
If only I had the money for this….
LongTimeLurker
Posted 01/06/2022 - 23:20 Link
Oh John, stop torturing yourself. You know it will hurt letting it go!

You certainly make a compelling case for the DFA 21mm and DFA 50mm lens combination in your photos, but I'd be lost without the Voigtlander 58mm.

A note for any potential purchasers: the lens hood is worth having with this lens as it helps to improve contrast, especially in bright light. The hood is also not that easy to find as it was an expensive accessory when new,
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Edited by LongTimeLurker: 01/06/2022 - 23:20
Defragged
Posted 02/06/2022 - 11:39 Link
Wouldn't part with mine either.

A beautiful piece of engineering worth keeping even if only for the simple pleasure of ownership and they are becoming extremely difficult to find in Pentax mount as owners don't care to part with them.

Enjoy the rest of the week folks.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
LennyBloke
Posted 02/06/2022 - 15:54 Link
You're really not helping Guys - It is such a beautifully engineered optic and I'm pretty certain I won't find another (just looked on Ebay and there are only 2 listed (from abroad) at £800 and £1100 ) - If it doesn't sell fairly quickly it may just makes it's way back into the ever-decreasing collection, it's less than half the size it was about 3 years ago
LennyBloke
Papa_Lazarou
Posted 02/06/2022 - 16:21 Link
I regretfully sold my Nokton before buying the K-1.
Sorely tempted by this on full-frame.
Benz3ne
Posted 02/06/2022 - 20:11 Link
What a beautiful lens this is. I’ve been curious about them since I heard about them… these are typically very sharp wide-open with excellent character throughout the aperture range.
Temptation is there but I’ve just bought a Nokton 40mm f/1.2 for my Sony so probably out of the question
mxisno1
Posted 04/06/2022 - 02:45 Link
Hello, my note comes from Baltimore, Maryland! Please let me know if it doesn't sell in UK. Thanks!
LennyBloke
Posted 04/06/2022 - 09:55 Link
mxisno1 wrote:
Hello, my note comes from Baltimore, Maryland! Please let me know if it doesn't sell in UK. Thanks!

Hi, I know you appreciate the top end lenses (did you get yourself an A50/1.2 in the end?) - but if it doesn't sell in the UK it'll blend back into the collection, Sorry
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 15/06/2022 - 17:17 Link
Withdrawn from sale

I gave it a little outing this afternoon (a little family gathering) and as a smaller and lighter alternative to the D FA*50/1.4 it is actually very impressive.
LennyBloke
Defragged
Posted 15/06/2022 - 18:27 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Withdrawn from sale

I gave it a little outing this afternoon (a little family gathering) and as a smaller and lighter alternative to the D FA*50/1.4 it is actually very impressive.

Wise decision. I'm pleased for you.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
LennyBloke
Posted 08/09/2022 - 14:22 Link
Yes - it's back up for sale I haven't used it in the past few months since I started the listing, so I'd prefer it to be sold and used by someone who'll get the best out of it. Here are a few photos of it...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 19/10/2022 - 16:03 Link
BUMP
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 01/11/2022 - 15:27 Link
Spooky post Halloween Bump
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.