FS: A few M-series lenses on offer (40/2.8, 50/4 Macro, 120/2.8)

doubled

Link Posted 09/03/2020 - 10:14
Hi all,

Just trying to rationalise my gear collection and concentrating on certain series. So I am letting go of the last of my M series lenses and keeping mainly M42 lenses.

SMC-M 40mm 2.8 pancake lens - It is in near mint condition without any notable marks. The glass is clear without any dust or fungus. Aperture is snappy and focusing action is smooth. This lens seems to have a bit of a cult following but is also a bit of a "Marmite lens". I have read both positive and negative reports on its optical quality and although it isn't as bitingly sharp as any of the 50s at the same aperture, it really isn't as bad as others have made out. At 2.8 this copy is sharp enough (Unless you pixel peep) and sharpens up nicely by F4. What I do find is that it has a certain character, especially the background blur where there is a certain abstract aspect about it.
Price is 65 including postage.

SMC-M 50mm F4 Macro lens - It is in very good condition with some small user marks on the lens body. The glass is clear with a few specks of dust and it doesn't have any impact on the image quality. The aperture is snappy and the focusing action is smooth all the way from MFD to infinity (Really long throw - naturally being a macro). This lens is super sharp and contrasty with lovely colour, even from wide opend aperture. It serves as a pretty nice general walk around lens as well.
Price is 75 including postage.

SMC-M 120mm 2.8 Lens - In very good condition without any marks on the lens body apart from some paint lost on the edge of the aperture ring and the edge of the built in lens hood. Glass is clear without any marks or fungus. The aperture is snappy and engages positively. Focusing is also butter smooth.
Price is 89 including postage.

I would also consider swapping for their M42 mount equivalent (i.e. Super/SMC Takumar 50mm Macro and 120mm 2.8 ).

UK sales only. Please get in touch if you have any questions regarding the lenses and I will try to answer them as soon as I can. Some photos of the lenses to follow.

Cheers,
D
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.