Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS: SMC Pentax 300mm F4 K - Excellent

LennyBloke
Posted 21/02/2023 - 16:20 Link
Up for sale is a lovely condition SMC Pentax 300mm F4 K series with original caps and case.

Cosmetically it is exceptionally good, no silvering, no scuffs or scratches. Optically it is beautifully clear, no haze, minimal dust (one of two specks) and the SMC coatings are near perfect. Focus action is long a smooth (no notchiness or slippage) and the aperture blades a perfectly clean and very responsive. The front cap is the original Asahi Pentax 77mm clip on cap in excellent condition and the rear cap is a Pentax K mount rear cap. The case is faded and tatty - but it is original.

Performance wise it does not match up to the later Pentax offerings when used at wider apertures, but stopped down it's a very competent performer. If you're looking for one of these for your K collection then I doubt you'll find a better condition copy. Any questions please ask - I'll post some photos when I get a chance.

I can only see a couple of these for sale at present (£250 and £175) so I think this is a fair price for a quick sale....

Price £129 inc P&P (No offers)

UK Only, Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift, Cheque or Cash on collection, inspection welcome.
LennyBloke
Spad
Posted 21/02/2023 - 19:16 Link
I hate you

I have been after one of these for ages but I is egging skint at the minute!! Sods law...
The Legendary Terry Pratchett once said:
At the beggining there was nothing....

Which exploded....
LennyBloke
Posted 21/02/2023 - 20:17 Link
Spad wrote:
I hate you

I have been after one of these for ages but I is egging skint at the minute!! Sods law...

Things don't always move quickly on the forums so it may well be still be around when you're flushed again
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 22/02/2023 - 09:47 Link
A few photos of the lens...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
LennyBloke
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 22/02/2023 - 10:39 Link
If I may ask a question - have you ever used the Tele-Takumar 300mm f/6.3 and if so, how does it compare?
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
LennyBloke
Posted 22/02/2023 - 11:49 Link
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
If I may ask a question - have you ever used the Tele-Takumar 300mm f/6.3 and if so, how does it compare?

I have used one - but I couldn't honestly say how they compare optically.

I would imagine the K is a significant improvement as it is a later design (it is one of the early K series that was not simply an adaptation of the M42 equivalent - it has a more complex optical design) - one of the most notable things in actual use will be the brighter image (approx. 1.5 stops brighter). The build is superb, solid and smooth
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 22/02/2023 - 13:03 Link
Here's a few snapped today in the back garden...

1. F4.0
Comment Image

2. F11
Comment Image

3. F8.0
Comment Image

4. F11.
Comment Image

LennyBloke
andy_bell
Posted 26/02/2023 - 18:44 Link
Pm sent
A few bits & Bobs
LennyBloke
Posted 27/02/2023 - 10:05 Link
PM replied

Lens Sold
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.