FRUSTRATED! - sigma DG 150 -500mm APO HSM

tyronet2000

Link Posted 15/05/2015 - 08:49
Blythman wrote:
Excellent lens. for takes some beating. https://www.flickr.com/groups/sigma150-500/pool/54050400@N05

Having said that I don't use mine now. I've replaced it with the DA 560mm. Think I'll keep it for airshows though, where a zoom comes in handy

It was having a "test drive" with your lens that convinced me Alan. Think I got the one built on a Monday
Regards
Stan

PPG

gwing

Link Posted 15/05/2015 - 14:40
The advice to use a bit larger aperture is probably good, that said if you are getting much worse results at f14 with this lens than you did with your old Pentax *at the same aperture* then it isn't the f14 bit that is the problem as diffraction isn't lens specific.

As suggested I would try some test shots using live view focusing and a range of apertures to see how the lens performs and eliminate focus tuning problems. If only live view focussed shots are sharp you know you need to fine tune the standard focusing for this lens.

If you can't get a sharp image even with live view focusing (and your tequnique allows you to get get sharp images with other long lenses) then tha's the time to suspect a bad lens.

Good luck,
Rob.

jeallen01

Link Posted 15/05/2015 - 17:32
tyronet2000 wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Blythman"]
It was having a "test drive" with your lens that convinced me Alan. Think I got the one built on a Monday

Think about sending it back to Sigma Imaging UK for a full service - Tariff 7 - 131.99 inc. return postage. They do a good job at very fair prices.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Blythman

Link Posted 15/05/2015 - 17:35
tyronet2000 wrote:
Blythman wrote:
Excellent lens. for takes some beating. https://www.flickr.com/groups/sigma150-500/pool/54050400@N05

Having said that I don't use mine now. I've replaced it with the DA 560mm. Think I'll keep it for airshows though, where a zoom comes in handy

Yeah, and on your test drive you were getting pictures of a cuckoo, while I was twiddling my thumbs
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.