Fortnightly competition #3 Lunch Break

mikew

Link Posted 27/11/2008 - 07:16
I think you're right the waiter out of focus is much better. Do you mess about with levels etc. in post processing? I'm not sure on baord flash would have helped.

Mike

Galoot

Link Posted 27/11/2008 - 17:00
The idea of the long exposure was to try and show the girls eating their lunch frantically, so they could get back to the 'shopping', the back-ground was to show the other people eating more slowly, with less of a rush to get back to the shops.

?
link

Dr. Mhuni

Link Posted 28/11/2008 - 13:46
Mike, my p-p'ing skills are limited at best at the moment. Had been meaning to get to grips with this over the past few months but haven't had the time. Next couple of months are looking more hopeful.
Mhuni

500px

mikew

Link Posted 28/11/2008 - 17:21
I was very surprised how much difference it makes. Just levels alone can transform an image as can white balance.

I am lucky in that I have a son who uses these techniques a lot in his work.

Mike

R o b

Link Posted 01/12/2008 - 13:31
I totally agree about not using flash on Dr. Mhuni's shot - it would have ruined it. I second mikew's comments about fiddling with levels or curves. I've tried it recently on a couple of photos and been amazed at the difference it can make.

Galoot, now I see what you were trying to do - sorry for not seeing it earlier.

Malo1961, if you'd installed the security updates before taking the shot I'd never have recognised the icon . Mind you, your avatar is a bit of a giveaway.

As for the out of focus waiter, that could run and run .

Right, now I'm off to try and think of something wooden to photograph.

Robert.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.