Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Fornightly Competition #29: Discussion - CARS

mikew
Posted 22/11/2009 - 21:01 Link
Me too
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
George Lazarette
Posted 23/11/2009 - 20:33 Link
mikew wrote:
Lilly - it was the 30 not the 35 and despite its size the 30 is gently ousting the 35. I drive past this dealership on my way to a client - this time I stopped. They were very nice and helpful. At 89k I can't even think of an Aston. I did upset them slightly by telling them my Brother in law used to cut and shut DB3's in the 70's.

I didn't expect them to be as nice about a scruffbag like me turning up - kudos to them.

And there was me thinking the pic was taken in your garage.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
mikew
Posted 23/11/2009 - 21:19 Link
I wouldn't fancy a car like that even if I had the money which I most certainly do not. Too big outside and too small inside and way too expensive. Imagine dinking it. If Hefty has allowed Land Rovers I could have shown you a real photograph of a real car but c'est la vie.

I was surprised that they sold Astons with red brake callipers - a bit common I thought.

Mike

Hyram
Posted 23/11/2009 - 22:08 Link
Bill_And

Don't forget that you need to provide the EXIF data for the Fortnightly Competition
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
mikew
Posted 24/11/2009 - 22:45 Link
Two more submissions this evening.

Not many fiascos from you Aiki IMO and this while maybe a bit complex I think is pretty good.

And I hope JudithAnn won't mind me saying that the quality of her photographs seems to get better every week.

Not an easy set to judge even now and of course there will be last minute rush tomorrow I'll be bound!

Mike

Aiki
Posted 25/11/2009 - 18:02 Link
Oh, Mike ! We say in Estonian that there are scissors between what you want and what you get

But I agree with your comment about JudithAnn !!! She goes on with long steps. Reminds me sth like Amin's learning I have kept my fingers crossed for her long time already

really difficult work to judge this time ! But maybe not for the judge, who chose the theme
Aiki

----
Pentax K20D; SMC DA 18-55mm II kit; Sigma AF 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO
GIMP Flickr
PPG
hefty1
Posted 25/11/2009 - 18:31 Link
Land Rovers are not cars - they're just tractors with shrunken rear wheels (runs and ducks for cover)

Well done everybody - it was a tricky one to judge so I just went on what appealed most to me. Looking forward to the next one Mike and better luck next time to all the other entrants.
Joining the Q
mikew
Posted 25/11/2009 - 19:08 Link
How many tractors are full time 4 wheel drive? That said I'm quite pleased you forced me to take a different shot. It was good for me technically and also it made me be less reticent about asking to take photos. I can say I was very impressed with the attitude of the staff which was supportive. Nice guys.

They had only been in the showroom 18 months or so on a busy junction on the A456 into Brum which is busy most of the time and very busy in the rush hour. They said when they first moved there they frequently heard the squeal of brakes as people had to avoid collisions while rubber necking the cars on display.

Mike

Prieni
Posted 25/11/2009 - 20:41 Link
mikew wrote:
How many tractors are full time 4 wheel drive?

I'm led to believe all of the Mercedes MB-Trac ones, for example...

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
mikew
Posted 25/11/2009 - 20:43 Link
Well it was something of a bluff but I was surprised when the local farmers told me that there tractors were part time 4x4.

They also weren't all that powerful - in fact less powerful than my Range Rover.

Prieni
Posted 25/11/2009 - 20:46 Link
Goes to show how overpowered modern cars are. My 10-years old SLK is no exception...

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
mikew
Posted 25/11/2009 - 20:47 Link
It's true they were devils for it in 1974

This was not a modern RR - not even a nice one (I have a photo somewhere but think matt black with the the rear overhang cut off and pickup style). Still a V8 that worked - a novelty in itself.

Edited by mikew: 25/11/2009 - 21:02

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.