For Sale: Vivitar "Series 1" 19-35 , Sigman 28-70, 62mm Filters, Manfroto Monopod, Pistol Grip

jeallen01

Link Posted 20/03/2018 - 15:47
Here's some more stuff I don't now use - all prices are OVNO, and payment can be by Paypal Gift, Bank Transfer or cash on collection from Hayes, W. London.

Vivitar "Series 1" 19-35mm F3.5-4.5 (made by Cosina)
Bought new from Mifsuds when I was still using my old MZ-5N for use my main ultra-wide angle lens - has the "A" on the Aperture ring and thus very compatible with modern Pentax DSLRs - and so it's a cheap F/F-compatible ultra-wide angle lens as well. Has a 77mm Kood "Skylight" filter on the front, and I haven't tried to remove that as it's a very tight fit!

However, not used since I "went digital DSLR" in 2008 and thus in VGC overall. I found it to be a very good/sharp lens in the film days, and if you want to read more about this lens then see these reviews on the US forum

Comes with the box, original hood (with "keeper") & front cap, generic rear cap, filter, instructions & original receipt.
NB: There is also a brand new spare hood which is priced separately!

Price - 45 inc P&P
Separate hood - 14 inc P&P

Sigma 28-70 F3.5-4.5 Zoom- "Epsilon"
Another "oldie" from the film-era days but it does have the "A" on the Aperture ring and thus is compatible with modern Pentax DSLRs - and so it is also F/F compatible.

In good overall condition, although, TBH, it's not the sharpest lens that I've ever had (but then again, I tend to use lenses pretty much wide open, and so that may not have helped much).

Comes with original front cap, generic rear cap and a Hoya 52mm Skylight 1B filter - and I think I could find a suitable rubber hood if you don't haggle too much on the price!

Price: 25 inc. P&P

2x 62mm filters & 1x 62mm No 1 Close-up lens (all Hoya)
I used these on the 18-135, but since I'm selling that (in another add) then these are now redundant. They all in the original boxes and are priced separately, but if anyone wants all three then the "bundle" price will be 40 inc P&P

Hoya "Pro1" Digital "Protector" (i.e. totally "clear") - Price: 15 inc P&P

Hoya "Pro1" Circular Polarizer - Price: 20 inc P&P

Hoya No 1 Close-up lens - Price: 15 inc P&P
(not "Pro1" spec, but I still found it to result in pretty sharp images when used on the 18-135)

Manfroto 681 Monopod + Manfroto 234 Tilt Head
Bought from SRS in 2003 but hardly if ever used as I then found that I just "don't get on" with monopods (), and so in "mint" condition. Includes instruction leaflet.

Price: 40 inc P&P as it's quite a long item - but would definitely prefer this item to be collected (30!) rather than posted for that reason!

Maxsimafoto Pistol Grip and remote Shutter Release

For those of you who have never come across these quite useful accessories then see the current Amazon ad here
. The ad states that they are suitable for DSRLs with lens of 55mm or less, but they can actually be used with much longer ones (although, from my experience, I would say that a consumer-grade zoom of around 300mm max is the practical limit).

If you read my review on the Amazon ad page, you will see that, as supplied, they suffer from two inherent design problems, i.e. the "lock" button can get accidently locked in, and the cable release can easily become detached from the grip - but this one has been "fixed" (as described in my review!) to pretty much deal with those problems; hence the carefully applied piece of tape over the shortened lock button, and the Sugru used to secure the cable release firmly to the grip!

I actually have 2 of these, but one of you "lucky people" can have the other one (as shown in the pics) for 18 inc P&P!

K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

jeallen01

Link Posted 29/03/2018 - 16:00
Bump with revised (lower!) prices:

Vivitar "Series 1" 19-35mm F3.5-4.5
Price - 40 inc hood & P&P
Separate (new!) hood - 12 inc P&P

Sigma 28-70 F3.5-4.5 Zoom- "Epsilon"
Price: 20 inc. P&P

2x 62mm filters & 1x 62mm No 1 Close-up lens (all Hoya)
I used these on the 18-135, but since I'm selling that (in another add) then these are now redundant. They all in the original boxes and are priced separately, but if anyone wants all three then the "bundle" price will be 32inc P&P, otherwise
Hoya "Pro1" Digital "Protector" (i.e. totally "clear") - Price: 10 inc P&P
Hoya "Pro1" Circular Polarizer - Price: 15 inc P&P
Hoya No 1 Close-up lens - Price: 12 inc P&P

Manfroto 681 Monopod + Manfroto 234 Tilt Head
Price: 30 inc P&P as it's quite a long item - but would definitely prefer this item to be collected (30!) rather than posted for that reason!

Maxsimafoto Pistol Grip and remote Shutter Release
Price 15 inc P&P!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Pentax_2012

Link Posted 16/04/2018 - 07:26
PM Sent for few items... Thanks

jeallen01

Link Posted 16/04/2018 - 21:35
The 3x 62mm filters & C/U lens and the pistol grip are now sold to Pentax_2012, and should be shipped tomorrow.

jeallen01

Link Posted 17/04/2018 - 12:42
Bump

That just leaves the following for sale:
- The really nice (FF-compatible!) Vivitar 19-35
- The Sigma 28-70
- The Manfroto monopod & head

Come on - make me some decent offers for those

jeallen01

Link Posted 29/04/2018 - 16:50
Bump!

The monopod is now on its way to Lennybloke

The filters and pistol grip should have already been with Pentax_2012, except that Collect+ has lost them! Given him his money back and now need to try to get some action from Collect+

That leaves just the Vivitar 19-35 for 40 inc hood & P&P - and I'll "throw in" the Sigma 28-70 to "clear the cupboard"!
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 29/04/2018 - 16:51

jeallen01

Link Posted 29/04/2018 - 17:31
Edited: Vivitar temporarily withdrawn from sale - now on evil bay for "rather more money" - seems they go for around 60-70!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 01/05/2018 - 19:44
One lovely condition Monopod arrived today, thank you - it was a pleasure to deal with you John
LennyBloke

jeallen01

Link Posted 01/05/2018 - 20:18
LennyBloke wrote:
One lovely condition Monopod arrived today, thank you - it was a pleasure to deal with you John

Pleasure dealing with you as well - and, BTW, if it took you "some effort" (per your PM!) to unpack it, then that's nothing compared to the effort it took to pack it in the first place

Pentax_2012

Link Posted 02/05/2018 - 10:53
Filters have arrived now. Thanks jeallen01, much appreciated.

Collect+ is a joke though, it took 3 weeks to send a parcel within 20 miles... We can understand when a parcel is lost in transit, in this case, they lost it at pick up location itself

jeallen01

Link Posted 02/05/2018 - 19:51
jeallen01 wrote:
Edited: Vivitar temporarily withdrawn from sale - now on evil bay for "rather more money" - seems they go for around 60-70!

The evilbay listing runs until Sunday evening and it has a Reserve Price - so if anyone is still thinking about it and would like to make a bid by PM, then if it does not reach the Reserve I will review that on Sunday, and I'll throw in the spare hood if that does not sell either!
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 02/05/2018 - 19:52

jeallen01

Link Posted 13/05/2018 - 22:23
Vivitar now sold on evilbay - albeit for not as much as I think it was worth!
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 13/05/2018 - 22:23
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.