Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

For sale: SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 10/12/2014 - 21:26 Link
For sale is my Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4.

I am selling it because I have accumulated too many lenses of a similar focal length, including two other 50/1.4s.

The lens is in E+ condition, with a little external wear and some internal dust, though the biggest piece is right in the middle (see last photo below) though it has no effect on image quality. The lens works perfectly - focusing is buttery-smooth, the aperture ring moves and clicks nicely and the optics are good, though a little dusty as stated. This is a very nice lens, solid and compact with very good image quality. It has been de-yellowed in the sunshine. It comes with original front cap and third-party rear cap.

An area of black paint has been scraped off on the mount (not visible when the lens is mounted) to allow contact to be made with the electrical contacts in the lens mount. This allows Av mode to be used much more accurately on a DSLR.

I am asking for £65 delivered, payment by bank transfer. Please note that I am currently abroad in Spain and I would prefer to post the lens from the UK when I'm back at the end of December. I can post earlier at extra cost and I would need to check that insured delivery is available.

Thanks for looking.

If anyone is not aware of this lens's reputation, plenty of reviews can be found here: http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-S-M-C-Super-Takumar-50mm-F1.4.html

Some photos of the lens:

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

And some photos taken with the lens:

Comment Image
IMGP1269a Tak 50_1.4 by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP1236a Tak50_1.4 f2 by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP1271a Tak 50_1.4 by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP6406a Tak 50 by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 12/12/2014 - 05:51 Link
Bump.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 15/12/2014 - 14:13 Link
Bump.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 17/12/2014 - 20:35 Link
Bump. This is one of the best manual 50mm lenses around.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 21/12/2014 - 08:55 Link
Price reduced to £59 delivered.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 23/12/2014 - 15:27 Link
Bump.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 25/12/2014 - 22:09 Link
Bump. Will be withdrawn from sale if not sold by 12pm on Sunday 28th.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 27/12/2014 - 14:48 Link
Final bump.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 29/12/2014 - 10:25 Link
Withdrawn from sale for now.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.