For sale: Pentax 'K' 28mm f/2 "Hollywood" in mint condition

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 24/04/2021 - 22:30
I'm posting this here but between Brexit, which makes sending anything of value to the UK complicated, and CoViD, which makes travelling anywhere complicated, any sale to anyone in the UK would be difficult and the buyer would need to accept the risk of 20% VAT plus any other fees. However, some may have contacts in Europe who do travel and who could receive the lens without problems and take it to the UK when possible. I'm also aware that there are others from outside the UK that use this forum.

For sale is a mint condition SMC "K" 28mm f/2 lens with original caps. As some may know, it's the result of a short-lived collaboration with Zeiss and uses a floating element to increase image quality for close focus. Later M and A series lenses have a different optical formula which I understand is inferior. The lens has no dust in it that I can see (very unusual for a lens of this age) and certainly no fungus. I can't see any external marks on it either. It functions perfectly - the focus is wonderfully smooth and the aperture ring clicks nicely. The optics are perfect and the lens is extremely sharp even wide open. Colour and contrast are excellent. It has clearly been taken very good care of.

When it comes to classic manual lenses this is really one of the very best.

Build quality is superb and I'd say it's even more solid than the other K series lenses I have. A look at the lens reviews over at the US Pentax Forums, which rate this lens at 9.71/10, shows how good this lens is - it's the highest rated K series lens there is.

2021-04-24_06-42-01 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

SMC Pentax 28mm f/2 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

2021-04-24_06-42-18 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

2021-04-24_06-43-46 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Please be aware that I will not post without the item being insured and will look into delivery costs for anyone who makes a serious offer. The most recent copies in similar condition sold on eBay went for around 850 plus postage from Japan. I would accept less than that but am obviously aware of the value of the lens and the deserved reputation it has.

I can take payment by Paypal (in Euros) or bank transfer in Euros to my Spanish account or in GBP to my UK account. Or cash in hand in Madrid

I've no idea when I'll next make it over to the UK (probably not this year) but if this is still for sale whenever that happens I'd be able to take the lens with me and post it within the UK with much less hassle than sending it from abroad.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Last Edited by Jonathan-Mac on 24/04/2021 - 23:01

smc

Link Posted 25/04/2021 - 13:48
A beautiful lens. Just admiring it as it is out of my range

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 26/04/2021 - 21:24
Adding a photo taken with the lens today and a crop to show just how sharp it is wide open at f/2. This won't even display as a 100% crop here on the forum, if you want that then click on the image to go to Flickr where you can blow it up a bit more.

La by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

La (crop) by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.