Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

For sale: LX in excellent+ condition, fully working, no sticky mirror

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 24/04/2023 - 11:48 Link
I am reluctantly putting up for sale my LX which I bought last year from a reputable seller I've used before. The reason is that I haven't used it at all in the months that I've had it and have been shooting much less film due to the backlog of developing and scanning I have.

The condition provided by the seller was "Pentax LX 35mm SLR Camera With FA-1 Finder, NEW SEALS, TESTED" to which I would add that it's in excellent cosmetic condition and appears to work perfectly. No sticky mirror syndrome. There's some dust in the viewfinder but that's about all I can find to complain about.

I will be over in the UK in three weeks so would be able to post it in the week commencing the 15th of May. Posting from here in Spain after Brexit is not economical as there's a high chance of considerable delays, VAT and duty being charged.

The price is £250 including delivery and I think that's very fair for an LX in such good condition. PM me with questions or interest.

I will post pictures in the next few days once I get a chance to take them.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Defragged
Posted 24/04/2023 - 13:44 Link
For anyone contemplating the purchase of this camera I would like to add what a superb piece of engineering it is. I purchased one of these beauties new and in my heart it will always remain as my most cherished camera. Sadly I very stupidly sold it on whim here a few years ago. In fact it was worse than that, I had it CLA'd and then sold it a few short months after for the same cost as the CLA. In other words I effectively gave it away. Sigh!

For anyone who is serious about film and good old fashion manual photography skills, the the Pentax LX IMHO is unbeatable.

Good luck with your sale Jonathon but I do hope that down the road you don't end up suffering sellers remorse. Some items of photography equipment are deserving a permanent place on one's shelf even if not so much used, but as icons of photographic history and the shear pleasure and pride of ownership.

Maybe I'm just a sad romantic!
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
laurencea
Posted 24/04/2023 - 21:47 Link
ooooh, seriously tempted
Pentax k1000, MX, ME Super, K5iiD 18-55, Tamron 70-300, Tamron 500 mirror, pentax 10-17, 50 1:4, a manual 28, some extension tubes and a bagful of memory cards. That's all i need... and a load of film cameras too... that's it, honest.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 25/04/2023 - 14:26 Link
I should add payment by bank transfer, or cash if you can pick up in Edinburgh.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 26/04/2023 - 14:10 Link
Item reserved.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 05/05/2023 - 14:40 Link
I had forgotten that I took some photos of the camera when it arrived.

Comment Image

IMG_5742
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

IMG_5744
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 06/05/2023 - 15:59 Link
Finally got around to taking and uploading some additional images. Nothing special but serve to show the great condition it's in.

Comment Image
20230505_173603-01 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image
20230505_173425-01 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image
20230505_173452 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image
20230505_173440-01 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
pschlute
Posted 06/05/2023 - 16:40 Link
Looks in fantastic condition. If I did not own one I would buy it !
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 17/05/2023 - 12:48 Link
Sold.
laurencea
Posted 17/05/2023 - 23:35 Link
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Sold.

Great dealing with you, Jonathan.

Shot two rolls of Kentmere 100 yesterday - one in Auto mode and the other on manual. All look great - haven't scanned the negs yet, but no blank frames. It feels completely different to the other Pentax film cameras (M series mainly), much more solid to hold and shoot with.
Pentax k1000, MX, ME Super, K5iiD 18-55, Tamron 70-300, Tamron 500 mirror, pentax 10-17, 50 1:4, a manual 28, some extension tubes and a bagful of memory cards. That's all i need... and a load of film cameras too... that's it, honest.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 22/05/2023 - 13:05 Link
I'm glad to hear you're already enjoying it. I will stick to my MXs and K2DMD as my favourite manual Pentaxes.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.