For Sale - LX with a sticky mirror

danofmk

Link Posted 21/03/2019 - 10:09
Hi all

I've been holding on to this for a while with the intention of getting it serviced and fixed, but I can't really justify the outlay at the moment (especially given I've got more 35mm bodies than I can use!)

So rather than just have it sitting in my study looking pretty (my god it's been nice to look at) it's time to find it a home where it can be used I think.

Other than the mirror (see below) everything is working correctly. Metering looks accurate too from what I can tell. New seals fitted.

The mirror flips up fine but then gets stuck. A slight bit of pressure with your finger and it flips back down correctly (but I'm afraid it isn't just sticking to the foam). It then fires again no problem, once you've wound on of course.

I've been told it's an easy fix for the professionals (but if you're still reading you know that already).

If there's any interest I can post up photos. It's certainly in good condition but I'll include a more thorough description with the photos.

£95 to include recorded delivery seems fair to me, but if you're interested and think I'm way off, just let me know.

Happy to post overseas subject to us agreeing the price.

Cheers

womble

Link Posted 22/03/2019 - 09:33
Does it have the standard pentaprism?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

danofmk

Link Posted 22/03/2019 - 11:29
How silly of me to overlook that!

It has a viewfinder but I'll need to check which when I get home.

Cost I mentioned was to include the viewfinder.

Would consider splitting the body and viewfinder if needs be.

danofmk

Link Posted 25/03/2019 - 19:08
It's the fa1w viewfinder.

No idea what that is worth by itself....

danofmk

Link Posted 13/04/2019 - 07:26
Bump
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.