Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

For Lovers Of Good Beer ...

Lubbyman
Posted 07/09/2022 - 20:13 Link
... who know that at the heart of every good beer is a good hop. And these must be good ones because they are mine . The green one ('wet' in brewing terminology) is fresh from the garden. The brown one ('dry' in brewing terminology) is from last year and dried in the garden shed. Both show the little yellow blobs that make hops so interesting for beer lovers.

Both pictures are focus-stacks, processed by Affinity Photo from images taken with the K3 + Sigma 70mm macro. As you might guess, I'm experimenting with lighting at the moment .

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

Cheers!!!!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Steve
Pwynnej
Posted 08/09/2022 - 11:40 Link
Prefer them in liquid form, thanks
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon
Lubbyman
Posted 08/09/2022 - 13:37 Link
Pwynnej wrote:
Prefer them in liquid form, thanks

Believe it or not, so do I ...

Steve
Spad
Posted 08/09/2022 - 16:34 Link
When i saw the title, i was expecting pictures of empty bottles and drunken typing
The Legendary Terry Pratchett once said:
At the beggining there was nothing....

Which exploded....
Lubbyman
Posted 08/09/2022 - 19:20 Link
When the bottles are empty, I don't even try to type - the result might be too embarrassing .

Steve
LennyBloke
Posted 08/09/2022 - 22:46 Link
Both images are technically very good - simple composition, superb sharpness and well controlled lighting, but the thing that throws me is the fact that I am comparing the same subject (at different stages) with totally different backgrounds - personally I would have liked to see them treated the same way (just my view) - having said that I can appreciate that a lot of effort has gone into these, I certainly don't have that level of skill
LennyBloke
Lubbyman
Posted 09/09/2022 - 16:29 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
- personally I would have liked to see them treated the same way (just my view)

I can't disagree with that. They were produced independently, at different times, and as experiments with different lighting. Putting them together for this thread was an afterthought. But just for you, LennyBloke, here's one made today with a wet hop and a light background (not the same background as before, I haven't yet got total control and reproducability of light - but I will eventually!!).

Comment Image

Steve
LennyBloke
Posted 09/09/2022 - 17:45 Link
Today's version works better for me - I think it's the complimentary background instead of it contrasting - lovely and delicate!. Good to see you expanding your range of techniques, it helps me pick and choose what to do next
LennyBloke
Lubbyman
Posted 09/09/2022 - 22:15 Link
And then there's the uplit, lantern look. A lantern needs darkness in which to shine...

Comment Image

Steve
Spad
Posted 10/09/2022 - 10:37 Link
I am loving that one!!
The Legendary Terry Pratchett once said:
At the beggining there was nothing....

Which exploded....
pschlute
Posted 10/09/2022 - 21:58 Link
The 2. version gets my vote.
Posted 11/09/2022 - 19:28 Link
All are tastey shots...I'll get me coat
jvs
Posted 11/09/2022 - 20:02 Link
I prefer the second green one, too, but the uplit one also works very well against the dark background - that one is the pick of the set for me.
John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.