Food Festival at Barry

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 25/06/2022 - 21:58
Headed down to Barry Island today for some food and to grab some images. Only stayed an hour as the car park here is 1 for the first hour and then a flat rate of 6 thereafter! On the way down the heavens opened, wipers were on double speed as the rain that fell in large blobs like small water balloons were relentless and then the hail, thunder and lightning started! The roads were turned into waterways with drains unable to cope with the sheer volume of rain that was falling and the hail was about 5 times it's normal size so they pounded on the windscreen and even though the roof in the van is soundproofed, we could hear the 'tings' as they bounced off the roof. We did debate turning back but when we got there it was like someone had turned off the weather and for a moment the sun appeared. As you can see from the first image, the storm cell was never far away and at times the rain started again but nothing like it was coming down.

All with the Pentax K1 and either DFA 24-70mm or DA* 60-250mm

Storm Cell

Barry Food Festival 2022 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Brace

Faux Angel

Hit & Run

Looking Up

Close Fly By

Eyes On The Prize

Guitar and a Pint

Borrowers On the Railing

The Hog

End Of The Day

Faux Angel in Mono

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

davidwozhere

Link Posted 26/06/2022 - 00:02
You packed a lot into your hour, including evading the marauding gulls. The buggers gang up and attack people in Blackpool.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

MrB

Link Posted 26/06/2022 - 09:39
I'm enjoying the gull photos, especially 'Close Fly By'.

Philip

Helpful

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 26/06/2022 - 14:21
Gulls comments - agree with both David and Philip.

As always with your work, I do like B&W. However, it's the two images, Storm Cell and Eyes On The Prize, with the 'threatening' sky that appeal. Powerful. Faux Angel in Mono made me smile. Nice ones all.
Be well, stay safe.

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/06/2022 - 15:37
Urbanmeister wrote:
Gulls comments - agree with both David and Philip.

As always with your work, I do like B&W. However, it's the two images, Storm Cell and Eyes On The Prize, with the 'threatening' sky that appeal. Powerful. Faux Angel in Mono made me smile. Nice ones all.

My thoughts too - an hour (and a pound) well spent
LennyBloke

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 26/06/2022 - 22:55
Thanks all! I'd stay longer but paying an extra fiver for maybe another hour down there doesn't make sense in my head.

Re then gulls, I saw some ladies walking towards me and one was eating some chips. The gulls aerial attacked her and practically landed on her shoulder for her chips! Camera was in the messenger bag and as I battled the clip and the 2 velcro pads to get it out, they'd scarpered but empty handed!

My local down the road had to close the restaurant as it got struck by the lightning I was driving through on the way down to get these. Luckily the bar is still open there
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.