Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars

niklas

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 14:16
CC
Enjoy

15mm - 450mm equivalent, and still can't reach...

LennyBloke

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 14:55
Very Nice Indeed
LennyBloke

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 21:36
Love that and great composition
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

davidwozhere

Link Posted 19/03/2021 - 22:21
To be presented with that opportunity is rare; to be able to capture an image that completely fulfills it is even more rare as it passes so quickly.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

K10D

Link Posted 20/03/2021 - 09:08
The image exif says 2007 and copyright to Magazine Publishing?

It's a familiar moon wrt Tineye.

niklas

Link Posted 20/03/2021 - 21:10
K10D wrote:
The image exif says 2007 and copyright to Magazine Publishing?

It's a familiar moon wrt Tineye.

This photo is mine, taken at Feddet, Denmark february 21st 2021.

Your speculations are unwelcome and irrelevant.

K10D

Link Posted 21/03/2021 - 07:41
Not wanting to upset you niklas, so apologies for that.

niklas

Link Posted 21/03/2021 - 23:47
K10D wrote:
Not wanting to upset you niklas, so apologies for that.

I want to know how you got those Metadata out of my photo.
Something is severely wrong.
It's not enough just to apologize and leave the comment.

You wrongly accused me for using another persons photo.

You gotta pull back those accusations completely.

K10D

Link Posted 22/03/2021 - 07:17
The meta data is pulled from an image using various browser plug inns or extensions.

It appears that the data is changed when images are uploaded to Pentax User.

I have included screen grab of the data below.

So once again, I apologise for upsetting you and retract my statement that the copyright is "2007 Magazine Publishing Ltd."

OldTaffy

Link Posted 22/03/2021 - 15:21
K10D wrote:
[snip] It appears that the data is changed when images are uploaded to Pentax User. I have included screen grab of the data below. [snip]

So once again, I apologise for upsetting you and retract my statement that the copyright is "2007 Magazine Publishing Ltd."

If you look carefully at the screen grab you will see that copyright, owner & author is to Magezine Publishing Ltd - different spelling. MPL publishes a range of photo-related e-magazines, including PentaxUser. I guess that it was MPL data that got attached in some way when niklas uploaded his image.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 22/03/2021 - 16:30
I have loaded one or two random shots copied from these pages and queried them with P.I.E. and Photome. These programs are designed to go through the metadata attached to images with a fine toothcomb but I have not been able to find ANY copyright data transferred over with them. The usual mountain of technical stuff was indeed present. Similar interrogations with my own images on my own drive show full copyright and artistic rights to them. (Needless to say, since they are not mine, I have now deleted the downloaded files).
Have we uncovered a problem with the site here? If what I am finding is correct then NONE of our uploaded images contain any sort of copyright at all - never mind the (rather elderly case of) attribution that got added to Niklas's image. On the other hand, I am no coding geek so I might have got it wrong? Can some of you other learned guys have a go and see what you get?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

johnriley

Link Posted 22/03/2021 - 21:42
Looking at the screen grab provided, what we have says it is the Page info, not the image info. The copyright of the image always belongs to the photographer, but whether or not the EXIF data is kept or stripped out can depend on many things, including how an image is saved. IIRC Save As keeps the info and Save For Web doesn't.
Best regards, John

K10D

Link Posted 23/03/2021 - 07:54
Well that clears that up.

I looked at some of my own posts wrt exif data and they come up the same.

Thanks John.

Best regards

Lubbyman

Link Posted 23/03/2021 - 08:52
Back to the original post...

Niklas, that's a very good photo. Well seen and well taken. And with so few aircraft flying at the moment, it must be quite a rarity!

Steve

niklas

Link Posted 24/03/2021 - 21:31
Let me just say
All forgiven....

Mistakes happen and as I know I have the RAW of this, there's not really any worries.
And if anyone ever "stole" one of my photos, it would probably just make me a tad "proud"!

And thanks for all the positive comments, fellow photographers.

Cheers
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.