Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

First Test Pentax K 135 mm f 2.5 on K 3 ii ( in poor light )

Magicman
Posted 08/05/2019 - 20:34 Link
Comment Image
My third legacy lens arrived today from Japan and wanted to test it even though weather wise over cast & poor lighting. Anyway, here are a few - found it tougher to get spot on focus as its still a learning curve

Comments and suggestions please as to how to optimise & explore this lens are very welcome.

Patrick

Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Pentax : KP + K 5 iis : M 28 mm , M 50 mm , K 135 mm , DA F 100 mm , DA 12 - 24 mm DA 16 - 85 mm & DA 55- 300 mm .
Lumix : LX100
alfpics
Posted 08/05/2019 - 22:34 - Helpful Comment Link
From the size of the images presented, it looks pretty good to me, especially the droplets in the last 2 piccies.
Andy
1stEverPentax
Posted 08/05/2019 - 23:51 Link
Looks a nice sharp lens with good colour rendition.

At a slight tangent...how have you found the whole 'Buying from Japan' experience...have thought about it more than a few times myself but have always 'chickened out'
when 'push came to shove'.

Regards

Karlo
Magicman
Posted 09/05/2019 - 00:47 Link
1stEverPentax wrote:
Looks a nice sharp lens with good colour rendition.

At a slight tangent...how have you found the whole 'Buying from Japan' experience...have thought about it more than a few times myself but have always 'chickened out'
when 'push came to shove'.

Regards

Karlo

Thanks . Hope this helps :

In fact it is my first time. So the big thing is the lens was described 'as mint ' it seems on my examination to match that rating pretty well came with filter, new hood and caps . Secondly, the prices seem higher thanUK on my research but even Japan sellers vary too . Thirdly, factor in a 'ebay dollar ' rate at is 1.25 not 1.31on trade if listed in US dollars . Finally, UK for whatever reason levies VAT @ 20% on item & post charges ( why on used items gets me ) plus an admin duty small fee .. so on my deal an £ 35 extra before its released by the Japan/UK postal services.

Overall, happy so no complaints but next time I might start by giving seller an offer of 20% less but who knows if they sell them at that discount.

Whole process from offer to buy to safe receipt took 10 days but that include bank holidays

Cheers,

Patrick
Pentax : KP + K 5 iis : M 28 mm , M 50 mm , K 135 mm , DA F 100 mm , DA 12 - 24 mm DA 16 - 85 mm & DA 55- 300 mm .
Lumix : LX100
Edited by Magicman: 09/05/2019 - 01:09
1stEverPentax
Posted 09/05/2019 - 20:20 - Helpful Comment Link
Thanks for the info Patrick.

Hopefully with a possible EU-Japan or UK-Japan trade deal being finalised we should be able to buy without any duty...so that'll make a small difference in the right direction!

Japan deals seem promising particularly for lenses that are hard to source here in UK and there does seem to be the odd genuine bargain about.

Might give it a go.

Karlo

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.