First proper outing with the K1 and also the Tokina 20-35mm

stosser01

Link Posted 22/05/2018 - 22:51
No 2 definitely leapt off the screen to me

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 22/05/2018 - 23:07
Thanks all, appreciate the comments. It's a cracking lens and I like the limited wide focal length it offers.

Pentaxophile wrote:
Do you think there's an extra bit of image quality with full frame? ... Some of the samples I've seen with it on Flickr didn't convince me but these look great.

I think the full frame sensor offers superb dynamic range with very good shadow and highlight recovery. The AF is also lightning fast and so far, for me, has been bang on everything so it all adds up.

I agree, initially I was sceptical as the Flickr images don't inspire shall we say! The last image was straight into the sun and it handled the flare very well.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

johnha

Link Posted 23/05/2018 - 00:01
cardiffgareth wrote:
Thanks all, appreciate the comments. It's a cracking lens and I like the limited wide focal length it offers.

When I bought the FA20-35 (I don't have a K-1 - I only use it on film), I realised I had no need for a longer standard zoom. I rarely use anything longer than the 35mm end until I get to about 150mm (unless it's a 50mm prime).
PPG Flickr

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/05/2018 - 17:12
Can I have my lens back please?

You're certainly getting some cracking results from that combo
LennyBloke

K10D

Link Posted 24/05/2018 - 21:11
All quality images Gareth.

There's no doubt that your output will improve further once you get settled with the new kit.

Best regards
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.