First attempts with the 55-300 mm
Posted 20/02/2009 - 16:16
Link
Not sure if this one came up better though, as mentioned before I lack that skilful analytical observant eye that only you the more experienced around here possess . So help me out with some clues please. Overall I find these two images the same with the exception that this second one has the beak better captured, so the balance of the scale tips more towards this one, in my opinion. But would be interesting to hear your views please
Thanks
Amin

Thanks
Amin

Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 20/02/2009 - 16:20
Link
Quote:
Not exactly the most interesting of subjects to photograph
SHAME on youNot exactly the most interesting of subjects to photograph
The Magpie is a beautiful subject, and not all that easy to photograph with the contrasting plumage, and this is quite a good attempt.
I suppose you either love or hate Magpies but you cant deny the fact they are magnificent looking creatures.
Posted 20/02/2009 - 16:26
Link
impotentspider wrote:
The Magpie is a beautiful subject, and not all that easy to photograph with the contrasting plumage, and this is quite a good attempt.
I suppose you either love or hate Magpies but you cant deny the fact they are magnificent looking creatures.
Oops, I take back what I just said . In my attempt to just concentrate on the vibrant colours of a bird I was just concentrating on the fact that they only have minimalist colours and I have plenty of them in my backgarden .Quote:
Not exactly the most interesting of subjects to photograph
SHAME on youNot exactly the most interesting of subjects to photograph
The Magpie is a beautiful subject, and not all that easy to photograph with the contrasting plumage, and this is quite a good attempt.
I suppose you either love or hate Magpies but you cant deny the fact they are magnificent looking creatures.
I suppose I better start to appreciate it then. In my ignorance when it comes to birds I really thought they must be so abundant around and yet I dont see many being photographed, so made the wrong assumption.
Thanks for your comments impotent spider, that boosted my spirits up, I will have to look further into how to explore further the field. I definitely like it more than macro, its just the weather that doesn't help at all.
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 21/02/2009 - 07:46
Link
hello,
i think birds are photgraphed alot, and would suggest you keep snapping away, they can be difficult subjects to capture, at least to convey any sense of mischief, or motion. maybe follow a bird round the garden( with the lens ) and catch it going about its daily buisness, sharpness and clarity are not always needed.
patience is the best tool you will have.
keep posting
i think birds are photgraphed alot, and would suggest you keep snapping away, they can be difficult subjects to capture, at least to convey any sense of mischief, or motion. maybe follow a bird round the garden( with the lens ) and catch it going about its daily buisness, sharpness and clarity are not always needed.
patience is the best tool you will have.
keep posting
many thanks,
roger.
pentax cameras - spotmatic, spotmatic spII pinhole, MX, Sfx-n, k1000, p30
pentax lenses - 28mm,50mm,105mm,150mm,300mm
roger.
pentax cameras - spotmatic, spotmatic spII pinhole, MX, Sfx-n, k1000, p30
pentax lenses - 28mm,50mm,105mm,150mm,300mm
Posted 21/02/2009 - 08:55
Link
Nice attempt aminstar. Birds can drive you mad trying to photograph them, set yourself a bird table up in your back garden, and keep it well stocked with food,you will soon get a few visitors. As the birds get more confident you con move the bird table closer to the house, and maybe try taking some pics through the window
Good luck
Good luck
Posted 21/02/2009 - 12:02
Link
Nice shots Amin,
I will give you a little tool for your photoshop that will do a nice job to sharpen those photos.
To at something what Cliff said.
I know you've a tripod and a RF remote so set the camera up in the garden close to the table. I suggest you use the D-FA 100mm it's the sharpest lens that you have, you will make some cracking photos with a bit of luck.
I will give you a little tool for your photoshop that will do a nice job to sharpen those photos.
To at something what Cliff said.
I know you've a tripod and a RF remote so set the camera up in the garden close to the table. I suggest you use the D-FA 100mm it's the sharpest lens that you have, you will make some cracking photos with a bit of luck.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2094 posts
17 years
London,
UK
Had a couple of hours opening window with the sun shining so decided to give it a go. Was more interested in seeing how I could handle it and try to correct my mistakes with your usual great and kind suggestions and advice.
So here it goes, had to be on a tripod. So far all my handheld shots have come pretty bad, but could have been due to a cumulative range of mistakes, including wrong settings and non steady hands.
All comments and advice are greatly welcome and sought after