Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Facebook stripping exif, but no more in germany

pipinmels
SteveLedger
Posted 19/03/2017 - 00:10 Link
Yes I saw this last year. Personally I could care less about the EXIF data on photos I post on Facebook.
I see no reason for EXIF on that particular platform.
tyronet2000
Posted 10/04/2017 - 11:37 Link
I'm getting fed up with facebook telling me I changed my password two months ago and have used an old password to try and log in. If I just click again on the login button it seems to get over the brain fart and logs in ok. At the moment it is not downloading notifications to my mail box but for some reason my wife gets them on her phone !!! May be time to set up a new account
Regards
Stan

PPG
Edited by tyronet2000: 10/04/2017 - 11:37
SteveLedger
Posted 10/04/2017 - 12:20 Link
Probably better you contact FB support, no-one here can help with those issues..
tyronet2000
Posted 10/04/2017 - 14:24 Link
SteveLedger wrote:
Probably better you contact FB support, no-one here can help with those issues..

Thanks Steve. wasn't really looking for help here.

FB seem to publish answers to problems I haven't asked about. I have a suspicion that NFC (near field connection) may have something to do with it. Or it's still trying to connect with an old (now closed since 4/4/17) hotmail account from years ago. Will probably take the easy route and just drop this FB account and start from scratch.
Regards
Stan

PPG
Edited by tyronet2000: 10/04/2017 - 14:25
SteveLedger
Posted 10/04/2017 - 21:12 Link
If anything it will be your browser's cache containing old cookies and/or password information. Try clearing your cache at least. If using google chrome, check the password manager under Settings>Advanced.
tyronet2000
Posted 11/04/2017 - 11:16 Link
SteveLedger wrote:
If anything it will be your browser's cache containing old cookies and/or password information. Try clearing your cache at least. If using google chrome, check the password manager under Settings>Advanced.

I usually wipe everything (Firefox browser) with CCleaner but will have a poke around in the "unseen" folders and see what is there.
Regards
Stan

PPG

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.