F.S. - Vivitar 90mm f/2.8 Auto Telephoto Macro (1:1) in great condition

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 09/11/2019 - 20:50
Hi all,

I will be back in the UK for a week from the 12th so I'll put this up here in case anyone is interested. I will need confirmation by Tuesday morning at the latest because if it doesn't sell I won't be taking it over with me.

This is a classic 90mm f/2.8 Vivitar with 1:1 macro in Excellent ++ condition. Cosmetically virtually perfect, focus is silky smooth, aperture clicks nicely and stops down properly. It's perfect for anyone looking for the manual focus experience of 1:1 macro and feels much better in use than modern AF lenses. No fungus and minimal dust for a lens of it's age.

I have too many lenses around this focal length and too many macro-capable lenses and this one doesn't get enough use.

Here are a couple of nice photos of it on my ME followed by a few dodgy phone photos.

Pentax ME with Vivitar 90mm f/2.8 macro
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Pentax ME with Vivitar 90mm f/2.8 macro

2019-11-09_09-36-03

2019-11-09_09-35-53

2019-11-09_09-35-36

Here are a few images taken with it, showing it's good for macro but pretty decent as a mid-telephoto general-use lens too.

Blossom

Flower

Blossom

Cactus

South Queensferry

Busker

I'm asking for 69 plus postage (probably another 7 or so signed-for and insured).

Thanks for looking
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

JAK

Link Posted 09/11/2019 - 23:52
I've got one of those. Great lens. I don't think your examples taken on Fuji cameras actually do it justice, especially those macro shots.. Try some with your K-1.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 09/11/2019 - 23:56

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 11/11/2019 - 11:17
JAK wrote:
I've got one of those. Great lens. I don't think your examples taken on Fuji cameras actually do it justice, especially those macro shots.. Try some with your K-1.

If anyone wants to gift me a K-1 I will very gladly take a few more sample shots
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 12/11/2019 - 23:47
Withdrawn from sale for now.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.