Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Eyecup FB

RobL
Posted 15/06/2018 - 08:37 Link
Does anyone have one of these rubber eyecups willing to sell? I took my Pentax SF7 out of the cupboard to find the eyecup missing and searched high and low but cannot find it, so I it would be nice to find a replacement.
Algernon
Posted 15/06/2018 - 09:41 Link
The SF7 eyepiece was made from a type of rubber that turned into a horrible sticky goo!! Your lucky that it's not there

The SFX was better quality, but I'm not sure if it fits or not. The eyepiece isn't needed.

The SF7 was a very basic camera. I'd buy an SFX-N and use that instead.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
danofmk
Posted 15/06/2018 - 15:08 Link
I've got various bits and bobs that have turned up with various cameras in the past year or so.

I'll have a look when I get home
RobL
Posted 15/06/2018 - 19:24 Link
Algernon, I bought this new about thirty years ago with a 28-80mm kit lens and a metallic grey leather case. Basic it might be but it served its purpose workwise and it still looks and works as good as new; back then I used the program mode almost exlusively but it’s time to get more experimental. The renewed interest is due to the local camera club dishing out 35mm film to the members and seeing the results later in the year.

Thanks danofmk for looking.
danofmk
Posted 16/06/2018 - 12:45 Link
Found the one I have

It's a proper Pentax one, with M written on the back

No idea if that's any use but if it is PM me your address and I'll post it to you on Monday
Algernon
Posted 16/06/2018 - 14:45 Link
Pentax M is not the correct one. I seem to remember the M being a circular eyepiece for the likes of the ME.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 16/06/2018 - 14:46
womble
Posted 16/06/2018 - 21:46 Link
It would still fit. Pentax have only had two sizes of viewfinder, K-series and before, and M series and after.

Might not be "original" but probably works OK.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
RobL
Posted 16/06/2018 - 22:44 Link
This is the one that is missing: link. Thanks for your help folks, and danofmk for looking.
Edited by RobL: 16/06/2018 - 22:49
davidwozhere
Posted 17/06/2018 - 22:59 Link
There are two or three SFX and SFXn on E bay most weeks. You ought to be able to get a cheap one for parts?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.