Excellent offer - 7-day shop Pro-Treck DSLR/ laptp backpack

fritzthedog

Link Posted 03/05/2014 - 07:34
I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago as a cheap 'everyday' bag.

link

Not for the first time - I was very impressed by 7-day shops quality for the price.

Full price is 65 - currently being offered for 35 and this weekend only - they are even offering free delivery.

Best bag on the market? Of course not - but a great price on a very usable piece of kit.

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Darstadlydarcey

Link Posted 03/05/2014 - 23:40
Any idea what their tripods are like? They have a "pro"travel one on offer at the moment.
Pentax K50,FA 35 2.0,FA 50 1.4, DA 18-135 WR, Sony RX100 2, Manfrotto bits...

obione

Link Posted 04/05/2014 - 06:09
the monopods are great value....link
link

Darstadlydarcey wrote:
Any idea what their tripods are like? They have a "pro"travel one on offer at the moment.

k-5, K-5ii,60-250 f4, 50 f1.4 af,17-70 f4, 100mm macro wr,siggy 10-20 siggy 100-300f4
Last Edited by obione on 04/05/2014 - 06:11

fritzthedog

Link Posted 04/05/2014 - 09:21
Darstadlydarcey wrote:

Their tripods and heads are great value for money. 3 years ago I bought a Hahnel Triad lightweight travel tripod which was highly recommended by several photography magazines at the time.

This tripod unfortunately got lost on a trip. When I returned home - I was checking something on 7day shop and came across a 7day branded tripod that looked remarkably similar to my lost Hahnel - for about half the price and I decided to take a chance and ordered one - turned out it was a re-badged Hahnel - even their ball heads are (or were) rebadged Hahnels.

Carl

MattyH

Link Posted 04/05/2014 - 12:04
I love these type of bags, cheap, non branded and nine tines out of ten work superbly, I myself have started to travel with one of these link

Brilliant for the money, use it as my carry on when traveling by plane and when walking around a big city it never draws attention. I was in B&H and even their staff were impressed and had nothing in store to compete in price.

fritzthedog

Link Posted 04/05/2014 - 16:49
MattyH wrote:
I love these type of bags, cheap, non branded and nine tines out of ten work superbly, I myself have started to travel with one of these link

Brilliant for the money, use it as my carry on when traveling by plane and when walking around a big city it never draws attention. I was in B&H and even their staff were impressed and had nothing in store to compete in price.

Totally agree - I too have one of the Amazon basics bags - although a different one to yours - this one

link

I also have Tamrac, Crumpler, Naneu and a couple of other 'higher end' branded bags - but the couple of cheapies I own often get used in preference to these - they just seem more usable in many ways and I do not care what happens to them so long as the contents are safe.

Carl
Last Edited by fritzthedog on 04/05/2014 - 16:49

doingthebobs

Link Posted 05/05/2014 - 18:12
Darstadlydarcey wrote:

I bought one of their Travel-pro tripods fairly recently and have been quite impressed. It folds down very small and is light. Comes with a perfectly usable ball head, which fits via a standard 3/8" screw so you can use any other head if you want.

It is pretty sturdy, although not really strong enough for a huge lens/camera combinations. I bought it for backpacking and mountaineering when both the weight and size of my other tripods mean they get left behind. This takes very little room in the rucksack, doesn't kill me carrying it and it gets taken and used. It works for me.
Bob
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.