Essex Churches with my 'Shift' lens --

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 02/04/2021 - 21:51
Has a Great day Out courtesy of my Camera Club / Flickr Mate RAY to Willingale, Fyfield. Shelley all near Chipping Ongar ESSEX England ! it was SUNNY !! YO !! I could use my lovely 6x7 Mk II + SMC Pentax 67 75mm f4.5 'Shift' lens -- FILM was 07/207 dated Fuji Superia 100 and after 'Shifting' I gave it half a stop more exposure. I didn't use the PENTAX TTL meter but my Weston Master with Invercone. I could stop down as Ray carried my heavy TRIPOD ! ( after my Operations no more ;Heavy Lifting' -- )
St Christopher Willingale, used by American Bomber forces in WWI

Essex Churches 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Essex Churches 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
St Andrews and All Saints Willingale - this one was OPEN so I did an Interior as well

Essex Churches 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Essex Churches 05 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Fyfield Church St Nicholas

Essex Churches 07 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Shelley Church St Peter's all NOT OPEN

Essex Churches 09 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

womble

Link Posted 02/04/2021 - 22:05
Wonderful photos. Just my thing.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

davidwozhere

Link Posted 02/04/2021 - 23:43
The quality of these is wonderful.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

MrB

Link Posted 03/04/2021 - 19:08
What a wonderful day you had to capture these images, Peter. Churchyards and old church exteriors, and their interiors if they are open (rare during the pandemic), are probably the photographic subjects I enjoy most and I appreciate these - thank you. But I don't have a shift lens (one day perhaps), so I have to straighten them in software; is there one for K-mount APS-C?

Philip

(P.S. I think Shelley needs a slight clockwise rotation.)

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 03/04/2021 - 23:10
Excellent shots those Peter...love the colour tones.

regards

Karlo

Nigelk

Link Posted 04/04/2021 - 06:40
What a beautiful set and though digitized for our enjoyment, you've kept that lovely retro colour/tonal quality of film, fab!
Looks like you had an enjoyable day out

womble

Link Posted 04/04/2021 - 07:44
MrB wrote:
What a wonderful day you had to capture these images, Peter. Churchyards and old church exteriors, and their interiors if they are open (rare during the pandemic), are probably the photographic subjects I enjoy most and I appreciate these - thank you. But I don't have a shift lens (one day perhaps), so I have to straighten them in software; is there one for K-mount APS-C?

Philip

Pentax made a 28mm shift lens which although not very wide works fine in most cases. I was selling one but no one here bit so I have just sold it on ebay. There are Samyang and Laowa shift lenses in K-mount but I have no first hand experience of them. The Laowa is a 15mm lens so plenty wide enough for APS-C.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

MrB

Link Posted 04/04/2021 - 12:04
Thank you for the info, Kris.

Philip

RobL

Link Posted 04/04/2021 - 14:09
MrB wrote:
But I don't have a shift lens (one day perhaps), so I have to straighten them in software; is there one for K-mount APS-C?

Philip

I have the Samyang 24mm TS lens which is very sharp and has proved excellent for buildings. It ideally has to be used on a tripod and of course you don’t have the problem of cropping as you get with software correction. The only issue I have is the control knobs are a bit small and fiddly but I have found that using my left hand to help lift the lens in shift mode works fine. It is designed for FF and I use it on a K1 and when the subject justifies it, like a church interior, in pixel shift so it should be ok on an APS-C body as well.

It is of course a manual lens for focus and aperture control but the wide angle give good depth of field, and distortion is minimised as you set it up perfectly level and then frame using the shift function.

MrB

Link Posted 05/04/2021 - 13:09
Thank you for the extra info, Rob.

Philip

philstaff

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 15:49
Nice set captured the day well.

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 16:08
I have some B&W snaps -- darkroom Prints scanned taken on 6x7 Mk I if you want to see them --
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

Sry

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 21:30
Lovely captures of lovely buildings Peter. B+W? Yes, please.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.