End of the Day, Start of the Night

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/08/2019 - 23:14
The K3+16-86mm was with me on yesterday's dog walk in anticipation of a grand, spectacular, sunset shot. But the sun wasn't delivering on its initial promise so why not try a sunset sequence instead of a sunset spectacular? Pictures taken from different positions around a field of stubble. Here's the result. No star bursts from this lens (presumably due to the coating), but does that really matter here?

Comments, thoughts etc. welcome as usual.

1. Cloud bank

2. Sun - just fits!

3. Final glow

4. The night shift

Steve

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 12/08/2019 - 23:46
Interesting idea Steve... the last couple for me are particularly effective...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/08/2019 - 02:05
There's a nice idea !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 14/08/2019 - 11:29
Thanks folks. When I went out, I was hoping (expecting?) that the cloud bank would be lit up from below as the sun dropped. But the clouds moved and there wasn't much of a show. That field is useful as an artificial horizon, it rises in the middle so you can use it to hide a lot of distracting stuff wherever you are on the perimeter path. What I need now is an evening with a predictable, good, long, ever changing sunset when the dog doesn't need a walk so I can take the tripod and ... dream on!!

Bill - Why doesn't it surprise me that you like the last two?? I'll admit to having Ansel Adams at the back of my mind during the walk. 'Moon and Half Dome' (not an original ) is nearby as I write. Even the same lunar phase. No Half Domes in Dorset though so have to make do with what we've got.

Steve

derek897

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 08:01
Final glow is lovely, cracking tones, 👍👍👍👍
I know what i like, If not always why.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 13:55
Thanks Derek. And I nearly missed that glow. Once the sun wasn't visible, I thought I'd better get moving with the dog. Glanced sideways while walking and saw the colours. So the dog had to wait a bit longer.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.