Early morning on the river Orwell

tomh1982

Link Posted 19/05/2013 - 08:38
I planned to get up & out early this morning to get some shots. Set my alarm for 4am. It didn't go off! Never the less I still woke up at 4:30 so jumped in the car & headed off. Found a couple of nice spots along the river & the water was really still. Anyway here are the pics.

Thanks Tom

fritzthedog

Link Posted 19/05/2013 - 11:03
Well done Tom - I crawled out of bed at 10am but in my defense I had worked a 15 hour day Friday and then was out with the camera for 8 hours yesterday!
Looks like your trip was worthwhile. I particularly like the second shot - perhaps a little too light in the middle but love that reflection and symmetry

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

JonSchick

Link Posted 19/05/2013 - 11:49
Worth getting up for! I think the last one is my favourite (a pretty good lesson in the rule of thirds) but I also love the light in the second. I'd perhaps be tempted to play around with cropping for that one - either losing a bit of bottom, or placing the horizon dead centre, or even looking at a square image instead!

Jon
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link

Stuey

Link Posted 19/05/2013 - 11:52
4.30am

Nice shots - I can't pick a favourite though
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

gibsondj

Link Posted 19/05/2013 - 13:17
Lovely shots, what kit were they taken with ? It would have been interesting with a polarizing filter which may have given a deeper blue to the sky and water.
Dave

MAK

Link Posted 20/05/2013 - 13:41
Beautiful reflections in the river.

tomh1982

Link Posted 20/05/2013 - 22:08
gibsondj wrote:
Lovely shots, what kit were they taken with ? It would have been interesting with a polarizing filter which may have given a deeper blue to the sky and water.

Hi Dave

These were shot on my k5 with sigma 28-80mm(boat shot) & Sigma 10-20mm(other 2 shots) with ND0.9 lee hard grad and Sigma cpl.

Thanks for the comments!

davidstorm

Link Posted 20/05/2013 - 23:12
2nd & 3rd shots are stunners - well worth getting up at this time so you can shoot the light that you only get on a still early morning.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.