Dragonflies, Whisby Nature Park

fatspider

Link Posted 29/08/2020 - 10:34
Just got back from a week in Lincoln, these were taken on a visit to Whisby Nature Park, armed with my K5 and 100mm Macro, no more than 15minutes in and I came across an Emperor sunning itself and sods law the K5 wouldn't fire , turned it off and on again, removed and refitted the lens all to no avail, Fortunately I had the Q with me with the 15-45 attached, so the Emperor was taken with the Q, I then had another play the with K5 and discovered a memory card error, fortunately taking it out and putting it back in again sorted the problem, by this time the Emperor had been scared off by some other walkers No great loss though as the Q did a reasonable job.

My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

K10D

Link Posted 29/08/2020 - 11:55
Top set Alan. Super colour & detail.

Best regards

LennyBloke

Link Posted 29/08/2020 - 17:51
Yep - super set - the last one in particular with its vibrancy of colour and lovely multicoloured highlights of the wings make it a standout image
LennyBloke

fatspider

Link Posted 29/08/2020 - 18:08
Thanks guys, I should have said these are all jpegs more or less straight out of the camera, just crop, levels and sharpen, the last one is quite a heavy crop as it was higher up in the tree, it's about a fifth of the original frame.

I'm still blown away by the results from the Q (first pic) especially since I was hand holding at full zoom, which I believe is just shy of 250mm on full frame.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 29/08/2020 - 21:24
Great set! For me the star of the show is the last image
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.