DPR Best DSLR of the year vote

dcweather

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 16:26
Well 6800 votes cast and with 32% of the vote the K3 has twice as many as any other camera. Surprising as they can't have sold that many yet so people must be voting on spec I think. It's going to take some serious vote rigging now to stop it winning. I wonder how big the headline will be if it wins ;-(
Dave

Gamka

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 16:53
dcweather wrote:
Well 6800 votes cast and with 32% of the vote the K3 has twice as many as any other camera. Surprising as they can't have sold that many yet so people must be voting on spec I think. It's going to take some serious vote rigging now to stop it winning. I wonder how big the headline will be if it wins ;-(
Dave

Provide a link and we can assist in ensuring vote rigging does not affect the result.

johnriley

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 16:58
What's the point in trying to rig a poll? All this means is that online polls are totally useless and only indicate how well those with an agenda have managed to skew the results.

I don't see what satisfaction that brings to anyone.
Best regards, John

Sean282

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 17:39
These things are an absolute joke.

Who, of all those surveyed know what the rest of the cameras in the poll are like? Pointless

ChrisA

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 17:52
Gamka wrote:
dcweather wrote:
Dave

Provide a link and we can assist in ensuring vote rigging does not affect the result.

Irony is alive and well, I see.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)

Fletcher8

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 19:05
I just had a look at DPR and this poll, the interesting thing I noticed were people stating that the reason the K3 was doing so well in the poll was down to fanboys.

I just thought these kind of comments are odd. Why is it when an underdog creates interest in a poll people make an excuse for the K3 doing well? Regardless of the brand you shoot, people should give the K3 some credit, its a really innovative camera. I am pleased to see other people think so, judging by the poll.
Fletcher8.
Last Edited by Fletcher8 on 24/12/2013 - 19:06

sterretje

Link Posted 25/12/2013 - 04:51
Sean282 wrote:
Who, of all those surveyed know what the rest of the cameras in the poll are like? Pointless

Exactly the reason why I did not vote

The best camera of 2013 is the camera that I have, not the one that I think is the best.
Pentax K10D + Vivitar 55/2.8 macro + Super Takumar 55/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 85/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 135/3.5 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 200/4 + Super Takumar 300/4
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)

dpm

Link Posted 25/12/2013 - 09:27
Sean282 wrote:
These things are an absolute joke.

Who, of all those surveyed know what the rest of the cameras in the poll are like?

but as Smeggy will likely point out, that shouldn't stop one from having an opinion...

rscoote

Link Posted 25/12/2013 - 09:47
Well if the K-3 does win and that helps people into the Pentax brand, creates profits that are then returned into investment into the lens line-up, say, and/or persuades the third-party lens manufacturers to develop more lenses for the K-mount then I'm pleased.

I think it will take a few more accolades and a sustained period of further innovation before we get to that point though.

In the meantime, I will feel even better about my recent K-3 purchase if it tops the poll.

Merry Christmas!
My PPG link
K-3, K-5 + D-BG4 Grip, Pentax: FA 50 1.4, DA* 300, Sigma 70-200 2.8 Macro HSM II, Sigma 18-50 2.8 EX DC, Metz 58 AF-1

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 25/12/2013 - 11:57
Hopefully we will be in a situation where we have a big 3
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

Horst

Link Posted 26/12/2013 - 13:09
Well, I just hope, that it may make some difference.
I just don't seem to see the results anywhere.
On Christmas eve. I went in to Melbourne City, For a stroll, some lunch and then in to an Irish pub for a couple of nice cool pints.

At this time of the year we have plenty of Australian- and foreign tourists
Visiting Melbourne.

There where cameras everywhere. mainly SLR's , but no compacts but a fair amount of Tablets and Mobile phones to take pictures.

The bloody shame was, that out of about 50 cameras I saw, none was a Pentax. This is no bull.

It is very absetting. Especially for a Pentax lover like me.

On the other hand, I also don't see any Pentax or Rico ad's anywhere.

I believe the (I nearly said:"idiots" ) Rico mob don't think advertising is needed. Maybe they rely on word of mouth advertising. The problem is, there is no mouth to broadcast the message .

Regards, Horst

jules

Link Posted 02/01/2014 - 23:00
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/01/02/best-gear-of-2013-the-results-are-in/11

Well whether you see the point or not WE WON SOMETHING!(K3 Won)
Surely that has to be good doesn't it?
Discuss...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 02/01/2014 - 23:04

Horst

Link Posted 02/01/2014 - 23:29
Jules wrote

Quote:
Well whether you see the point or not WE WON SOMETHING!(K3 Won)
Surely that has to be good doesn't it?
Discuss...

Of course it means something very positive.

However, how many people know about it. I haven't seen it advertised in most camera magazines.

Not everybody is a member of the Pentax forums. Or specifically looks for it.

99% of people who buy a new Camera, go to the local shop or on to the internet and there is nothing about Pentax unless they specially request Pentax.

When I go in to our forum, adds come up too. All are Nikon, Canon, Sony and others, but Pentax is normally missing.

This is purely the fault of the local Pentax (Rico) agents and also of course Rico themselves who should be subsidizing the agents with the advertising costs of Pentax products.

Mouth to mouth is not enough.

As it is now it is very sad for me too, I personally would only buy 2 brands of cameras. Pentax or Leica (which I can not afford anymore)

Regards, Horst

jules

Link Posted 03/01/2014 - 05:19
I sort of get the impression at least here in the UK that things are getting better on that front. There are more and more stores (As in Proper Camera Stores) in the high street stocking Pentax, and a nice big poster beside the K3 with DPR Camera of the year won't hurt one little bit, maybe the root on that Tumble Weed is starting to weaken?
Up to Ricoh to start capitalising on these things though I agree, Think the K3 won the Imaging Resource poll too, they could well start by bunging that on the website like Fuji UK do, they are not shy of blowing their trumpet on the awards front, then add to the already good little Pentax Brochures that have been appearing in my Local Camera shop with some decent P.O.S. kit (Point of Sale).
Ricoh Mangagment, take note...
Not sure if going to the expense of TV works, the Christmas Canon advert is weak and the Nikon Coolpix one just does my head in being so far fetched, instead of a Dolphin a Great White should breach out of the water and take him whole, that might just grab my attention!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 03/01/2014 - 05:31

Smeggypants

Link Posted 03/01/2014 - 06:19
The poll is meaningless. What isn't meaningless is the lack of Pentax PR in the UK. Employing some 1 person concern working from the corner of their dining room as the Pentax UK PR machine is simpyl not good enough.

Ricoh isn't a tiny company. They can afford a decent PR campaign and they should be doing so. Not for the K-3 so much but for the compact and more entry level models.

They should also release a FF model and try andget some inroads intothe pro market as that will filter confidence down to the hobbiest market ( most of us here ) and compact market.

"Speculate to accumulate" and all that. Hoya might not have been bothered but surely Ricoh can see the sense?
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.