Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Does it have a prayer of success?

mikew
Posted 29/05/2008 - 21:56 Link
Took this hand held with my Tamron 17-50 at f2.8 at 1/30th.

For reasons I can't fathom I like it but the right edge is clearly not working. Is there anytihing I can do to improve it or just write it off?

Comment Image

Thanks

Mike
ChrisA
Posted 29/05/2008 - 22:55 Link
mikew wrote:
For reasons I can't fathom I like it but the right edge is clearly not working. Is there anytihing I can do to improve it or just write it off?

The clash is between the sharp left hand end of the shelf, and the blurred vertical at the right hand end.

If you crop it off, there will still be a clash, since the edge of the books will then be too abrupt.

Ideally, the left and right ends would be the same, to provide a frame for the books. In all honesty, I think the lettering isn't quite crisp enough either.

I think this is one of those where the gain from fiddling about isn't worth the effort. I have hundreds in that category...
mikew
Posted 30/05/2008 - 06:59 Link
Sadly I think you're right!

Mike
Mongoose
Posted 30/05/2008 - 09:04 Link
not a bad idea though, good candidate for a re-shoot perhaps?
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help
mikew
Posted 30/05/2008 - 09:08 Link
Depends if I go back there - it's a fairly local church. I have always liked churches and other religious places as they seem to represent a huge committment by a community to a shared belief - something I think we may have lost now. But I regard this as something of a bad habit and a guilty pleasure!

Mike

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.