Do you have a question for the Pentax team of experts?

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Old thread causing confusion

nik111

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 08:44
Hi guys,

Pentax do have all of your questions and are working on a response.

I apologise it's taken so long so far, but we are still chasing them for the answers.

I'm sorry I don't have any more information than that.

Thank you,

Nikita.

davem

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 18:44
7 months and still waiting......

Roscoe

Link Posted 26/01/2015 - 19:57
One wonders if we will ever get the answers we seek.

wvbarnes

Link Posted 26/01/2015 - 20:05
I've really forgotten my questions. Perhaps we should tell them we're all shopping for other makes anyway ?
Bill

davem

Link Posted 26/01/2015 - 20:29
Perhaps we should make up our own answers

willyolly

Link Posted 01/02/2015 - 10:31
Nikita,

Just out of interest did these questions go to Ricoh/Pentax UK or R/P Europe or R/P Japan? My money's on the UK. When Pentax were based at South Harrow in the 60's-70's you could get technical queries answered over the phone? Further more you could visit their service centre and get some repairs carried out while you waited, or at least within a day or two. When they moved to the Langley office all this stopped. Last August I had a simple question, requiring a yes or no answer, on use of the wireless flash on K3 with twin Af540s. I am still waiting a reply?

Roscoe

Link Posted 03/02/2015 - 12:40
Yes I think you are right, it has gone downhill since Pentax came out of South Harrow!

Roscoe

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 17:32
This is now getting very silly, why post something in "Pentax User",if you have no intention of answering the questions asked.
I am left wondering, if the intention is to leave this for so long that most of us will have expired, emigrated,or just completely forgotten what the question we asked was in the first place.

I am not happy at
1.The ridiculous delay.
2.The apparent lack of interest, and disregard of "Pentax Users"!

davem

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 18:43
totally agree

George Lazarette

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 19:16
I suspect the person who originally agreed to provide answers has left.

Perhaps Nikita can be prevailed upon to find another sucker.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

wvbarnes

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 22:57
Hi all,

Having read this year that around 80% of their market is Japan and the whole of Europe around 6% I guess we just aren't important enough to have any serious team to talk to us here in the UK any more. From reports from the recent NEC show it doesn't sound like there was much feedback there either despite Ricoh emailing us registered with them to go see them.

Anyway I've now bought my fourth successive Pentax DSLR in the K3 sight unseen and happy with it. i will continue to experiment with lens purchases when funds allow and learn much more from fellow users on here or on the US Forum If Magezine Publishing get given review kit by the UK Ricoh office surely they could have a conversation on our behalf and ask for a monthly update on future plans for supplying our little market and the system? I note Chris at SRS who sells so much gear knows little in advance of getting stock.
Bill
Last Edited by wvbarnes on 01/04/2015 - 22:59

stu62

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 23:06
after reading this it looks like ricoh have no idea what there right hand is doing while there left is doing somthing completly different

George Lazarette

Link Posted 02/04/2015 - 08:58
There is now so much information to be had on the Internet if you care to look for it that the need for a manufacturer to answer technical questions is much less than it would have been ten or fifteen years ago.

I therefore don't feel particularly deprived by the fact that the offer of advice has been forgotten. And in any event, reading back through the questions, many were not technical questions about existing kit but questions or suggestions about future products and features, and these had already been ruled out by Nikita.

I doubt if there is one genuinely technical question there that can't be answered by Mattmatic.

It was a bit silly though to have made the offer and then not followed through with it.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

johnriley

Link Posted 02/04/2015 - 10:00
These things are done with all good intentions, but George is basically right.
Best regards, John

Roscoe

Link Posted 02/04/2015 - 10:56
No I disagree.
The questions need not be Technical, mostly they are legitimate inquiries regarding Pentax cameras and products.

Are we now to be dismissed out of hand then?
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Old thread causing confusion