Do you have a question for the Pentax team of experts?

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Old thread causing confusion

davidrobinson

Link Posted 17/06/2014 - 19:41
In addition if you press the ISO button followed by the Green button it resets the ISO value to AUTO, and if you press the Aperture Compensation button followed by the Green Button then Aperture Compensation value is reset to default/zero. In addition if you are in "P" Program Mode and have adjusted the Aperture/Shutter settings away from the default value then pressing the Green Button resets Aperture and Shutter to default values.
Pentaxophile wrote:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/media/b571816120561df417cced2121b1211a/PENTAX-K-5...

The green button simply makes the camera reset the aperture and shutter speed to give a correct exposure... handy if you're in M mode and suddenly need to take a shot with auto settings. You can also use it to select the correct shutter speed when using M and K lenses (where the aperture is set on the aperture ring).

Quote:
USING M or K LENSES:

In the 'custom' menu:

'Using aperture ring' - set to 'permitted'.
'Green button in manual' - set to 'Tv Shift'.

Now with the camera in 'Manual', simply pressing the green button will set the correct shutter speed for whatever aperture you have selected on the aperture ring.

kh1234567890

Link Posted 18/06/2014 - 01:09
MattMatic wrote:
BUT - good idea would be to link the AF calibration with the LiveView focus. i.e. to have the camera automatically compare the difference between the phase AF and the contrast AF and apply the setting for that lens.

Still on the subject of AF calibration :

What target distance do Pentax recommend for the AF lens calibration and why ?
20x focal length, 50x focal length, a few meters, infinity ?
Opinions seem to vary
Flickr Stream

SteveLedger

Link Posted 18/06/2014 - 11:07
Dear Pentax,

[1]
You made such a big thing of the MX-1 when it was released. There are many MX-1 owners now who really love it.
My question is, why has there not been any firmware upgrades to improve performance and clear out bugs?

[2]
We need articulated screens on modern DSLRs (and DSLMs), the K-30 and K-50 should have had flip-out [preferred] or tilting screens. Please tell me you are planning to add them to the next models?

DrOrloff

Link Posted 18/06/2014 - 11:24
Why do only warranty the Pentax Q in the UK for one year only when you offer two years in Europe? Are UK customers second rate?

Why do some Pro Dealers offer lesser warranties on non-DSLR products then regular dealers. What good is a Pro Dealer when this is the case?

Yours.
A loyal Pentax user but a very disappointed user of a failed Pentax Q!
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined
Last Edited by DrOrloff on 18/06/2014 - 11:25

gtis

Link Posted 18/06/2014 - 19:20
And why aren't warranties transferable after all the camera or lenses should still
Be guaranteed for the set time no matter who own's it
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A da* 300 f4 da*50-135 f 2.8 smc 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200

SteveLedger

Link Posted 18/06/2014 - 20:37
UK Consumer Law must be pretty strange if valid Warranty is not transferable. For example, in the case of a gift where the original purchaser is passing on the product ownership to another person, Warranty absolutely must be transferable.

So long as the original receipt is transfered also, the new owner is fully covered.

Special_Fried_Rice

Link Posted 19/06/2014 - 17:43
Teleconverter.

The 1.4x has been on the roadmap for many years and was there at the time the K20D was the "best" camera in the range.

As I understand it, the K20D will not recognise the lens with te TC fitted whereas newer bodies do as there has been a firmware upgrade.

Please could Pentax consider a firmware upgrade for the K20D to address this issue. I and many other still use the K20D for high quality images extreme range when fitted with the DA*300 and DA560.
死了嗎?有一個在油炸,素食豆腐的部分更多的生命!

caj26

Link Posted 19/06/2014 - 18:58
I took my camera ( K3) on a special holiday where it froze, second time this happened. Had to remove battery surprised about this.Also on this same holiday photos taken and registered on the card I checked, did not download and disappeared never to be replacedI am concerned this may happen again?
Also along with many others I would like to see the focus improved, and the ISO particularly at lower ISO improved please .

Roscoe

Link Posted 21/06/2014 - 18:12
Roscoe wrote:
I can't understand why Pentax discontinued the off camera flash boom and the Hot shoe cable and grip.

All this seems to have been binned as soon as Digital SLR came into being.

As the worst place to mount a flash is on top of the camera, why has Pentax not produced similar kit for Digital SLR cameras?

Roscoe

Link Posted 21/06/2014 - 18:13
Any comment from "Ask Pentax" on my above question???

johnriley

Link Posted 21/06/2014 - 18:42
Roscoe, please see the OP for the time scale of this thread.
Best regards, John

kh1234567890

Link Posted 21/06/2014 - 20:58
One more :

How about selectable audio bleep when SR is locked-in/lost ?
Flickr Stream

InFESTation

Link Posted 21/06/2014 - 22:21
Hello,

When you came up with the k3 why was it decided to go upto 24Mp with the sensor was 20Mp not an option?

was it a numbers sales pitch decision?
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone

Spider-Man

Link Posted 23/06/2014 - 19:14
Sigma has made some real quality groundbreaking lenses recently specifically for APS C cameras like the Sigma 18-35 F1.8 HSM Lens. When is Pentax (pretty much the only major Japanese camera manufacturer, not to have a full frame camera in its range) going to start producing a faster range of longer Lenses for their APS C cameras?
An F4 lens is ok, F2.8 is better, however an F1.8 would be even better.
It's not the strongest species that survive, nor is it the most intelligent. It is those most adaptable to change.

caj26

Link Posted 23/06/2014 - 19:57
Why are Tamron and Sigma not so keen on making lenses for Pentax? Thanks.
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Old thread causing confusion